Private Tours in Japan Ports

dhy10565

We are booked on the Celebrity Millennium sailing to Japan & Korea in April 2019.  The ports in this itinerary include: Kobe, Kochi, Hiroshima, Hakodate, and Yokohama. This is our first trip to Japan and we have questions.

1) We plan to book some private tours and not sure what time we should ask the local guide to meet us at the port.  Should we ask to meet 1/2 hour or 1 hour after the ship is scheduled to arrive ?

2) For Hiroshima, I think Celebrity Millennium is expect to dock in Itsukaichi port. Would there be shuttles from this port to the JR Itsukaichi station ? How frequent, how long the ride, and cost for this shuttle ? We plan to take the local train from this station to Miyajimaguchi, then take ferry to Miyajima.

3) Our cruise ends in Yokohama for an overnight stay. How long should we expect to complete debarkation next morning ? We have prearranged private transfer to airport and would like to know what time we should ask the driver to meet us at the port.

Help on any of the questions above is greatly appeciated...Thanks.

I too would post on the ports of call board.

As to arrangements I would meet the guide 60 to 90 minutes after disembarkation.

Japan is pretty strict particularly at your first port of call so allow time for getting the ship cleared for guests to get off.

Keith

6 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

I too would post on the ports of call board.

As to arrangements I would meet the guide 60 to 90 minutes after disembarkation.

Japan is pretty strict particularly at your first port of call so allow time for getting the ship cleared for guests to get off.

Keith

Keith, do you also know if that holds true (allowing a bit of extra time for clearance) if the cruise originates in Japan (Yokohama) and the next several stops are also in Japan?  I just booked a cruise that circumnavigates Japan (except for one stop at Vladivostok, Russia near the end).  I am thinking that since the ship is coming from a Japanese port, the clearance would not take as long -- any thoughts?

Cruisemom42, I think it does help with the cruise originating in Japan but I have found that some ports it just takes more time than others for the local authorities to give the OK for guests to proceed ashore.  I think they have this concern that we are not going to return to the ship.  In fact, our last stop before leaving Japan involves a long process as we have to go ashore at the terminal and have a fact to face with a local person and I think go through some type of passport control.

Keith