Obc

coxy

20 minutes ago, coxy said:

has any body else noticed that when the tips are removed there seems to be no more obc offered 

Not true we have OBC for all our cruises in 2020.

I booked one on the offer that finished last Monday and got OBC. If I look at that same cruise, there’s no OBC. You’re right. Wonder if it will be reintroduced at any stage or whether it’s to compensate for the lack of income from the tips. Interesting. 

So has it been confirmed.

Is the normal offer when booking a Select Fare of min OBC or free car parking or coach travel not now being offered for cruises after May next year.

Or are we talking about any extra OBC that sometimes is available.

15 minutes ago, Cristaltips said:

On my particular cruise it’s either coach or car parking with no OBC at all

Yes, a bit confusing.

This is an on line screen shot and talks about the OBC option at the bottom but does not say how much.

Booking.thumb.jpg.8ef4e6184753e9ec28addd6dbb1dbdca.jpg

Edited by P-L-B

Well I have just gone on the P&O website and had a go at booking a select price on Britannia next September, 14 days in the Med. Offered a choice of OBC, coach travel or parking, so I can't see that they are cancelling the OBC yet.

Peter

14 minutes ago, Zombatar said:

Well I have just gone on the P&O website and had a go at booking a select price on Britannia next September, 14 days in the Med. Offered a choice of OBC, coach travel or parking, so I can't see that they are cancelling the OBC yet.

Peter

OK, thanks.

Possibly a glitch on their website that’s affecting some potential bookings not showing the OBC.

2 hours ago, coxy said:

Think if you book it now you don’t get any 

Yesterday I was looking at Iona for 2020 and they were offering the usual OBC, coach travel or car parking.  The OBC amount was so low that it made way more sense to opt for the parking.

2 minutes ago, besberry said:

Yesterday I was looking at Iona for 2020 and they were offering the usual OBC, coach travel or car parking.  The OBC amount was so low that it made way more sense to opt for the parking.

Perhaps so but not everybody drives and the best in price terms is very often coach transfer.

3 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Perhaps so but not everybody drives and the best in price terms is very often coach transfer.

Well I was speaking personally.  If you don't drive then I guess the parking option isn't much use! :classic_wacko:

21 minutes ago, besberry said:

The parking option might be more favourable if you intend to use CPS, but for 12 night+ cruises P4C charges are always less than the OBC offer, for a couple.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Unless of course you live down in Cornwall as the coaches don't venture further west then Plymouth!

Probably afraid of being attacked by the unruly natives!!

Peter

We have had inside cabins previously on 12 night +  cruises and the OBC per couple has been low so taking the free CPS parking option is a no brainer for us in that situation.

Also, OBC for inside cabins on 7 night cruise tend to be low so again for us CPS for us makes sense.

Of course balconies and suite are a different matter as you normally tend to get more OBC.

Edited by P-L-B

1 hour ago, besberry said:

Yes, we often have taken the free parking option for that reason.

Edited by P-L-B

3 hours ago, P-L-B said:

Yes, a bit confusing.

This is an on line screen shot and talks about the OBC option at the bottom but does not say how much.

Booking.thumb.jpg.8ef4e6184753e9ec28addd6dbb1dbdca.jpg

Interestingly the current price for a suite is more than double that which I secured at launch, plus the bonus of £740 obc

Bal

26 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I wonder if the tip envelopes will appear  again after May for exceptional service?.

I have done nearly 30 cruises on P&O over 18yrs and never had exceptional service to warrant paying on top of the normal gratuities.