Edge standard (not iv) verandah photo

cruisestitch

23 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

And their goal is to have all the balconies on all the M-class ships and the Edge-class ships look like these and the IVs?  I’m underwhelmed.

Where did you hear that? There has been no indication they’re changing the balconies on M class. 

46 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

That's their idea of a balcony???  Not for me!

They are kidding, right?  I certainly they don’t change the S-Mclass to these during ‘revitalization”. I’d really dislike that!  

13 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Where did you hear that? There has been no indication they’re changing the balconies on M class. 

It was a comment on here.  Let me go look.  It makes sense, though, since they keep talking about slotting in completely new modules for the cabins.

Just now, lisiamc said:

It was a comment on here.  Let me go look.  It makes sense, though, since they keep talking about slotting in completely new modules for the cabins.

My take if they were going to do they’d be advertising it by now. They seem to think it’s the greatest thing since sliced bread, yet it’s not advertised anywhere. And their pics of updated cabins show a traditional balcony. 

I like the idea of looking like a porthole but...wow don’t like it at all. Not enough glass. I don't think I like the iv either but they seem to have more light and a better view.

Cruisestitch - is it what you were expecting? Is it better in person? 

Wow, thanks for the photos.  How awful!   After seeing these photos, as well as photos and videos of the IVs, not to mention the lack of forward upper deck and forward-facing lounge space open to all passengers, I am starting to conclude that Celebrity has built Edge for people who really don't care about having any connection to the water.  If I want to vacation in a fancy hotel, maybe with a water view, I can do that, but it's absolutely not why I love to be on a cruise ship. 

I just hope they don't mess up the existing ships. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Junky said:

My take if they were going to do they’d be advertising it by now. They seem to think it’s the greatest thing since sliced bread, yet it’s not advertised anywhere. And their pics of updated cabins show a traditional balcony. 

Yikes!  I'm agreeing with you, & at the same time keeping my fingers crossed... I hate to say no to something I haven't tried, but those Infinite Verandahs are just a big no for me.   All the pictures I've seen of the updated M class cabins show what looks to be a traditional balcony, hope they are not springing any surprises on us.  

This is pretty much what  I expected. There are similar rooms on some Cunard ships, where the veranda is inside the superstructure. I figured that’s what this would be. I actually wanted to book an ocean view, no balcony at all, but when I book there were none available. They were all blocked, as were all the inside rooms. We were told this was so in case they needed the rooms for workmen they would be available. Apparently however, at sometime the oceanview rooms did open for booking, I just didn’t realize it. Someone else has posted A photo of one of the forward facing ocean view room’s, that’s what I would have booked. I almost never go out on a balcony, so the size of this balcony is OK with me, but I really understand that it is completely inadequate for most people.

Also which you can’t really see from the angle that I took the picture from, there is a large window washing equipment blocking part of the view from this balcony.

When I get back to the state room later, I’ll get pictures of the blockage. I would say it is really an obstructed view room.

Altogether I would say this is not a desirable room and less they make it cheap enough.

Edited by cruisestitch

This to me is the most miserable looking balcony cabin I have ever seen....After enjoying cruises  where on the balcony every last inch of possible view has been exploited I just don’t understand this....Balcony space is all about connecting to the sun, sea, sky, stars....

If I had booked it as having a ‘partially enclosed’ balcony I would not be unhappy. I can understand that there may be structural issues in certain areas. However, if I had booked it expecting a real balcony experience I would be sooooo upset....I just hope that guests presently on board did know exactly what to expect and weren’t shocked and disappointed when they entered their room.

So this balcony is being sold as an obstructed balcony?  Like a 2C or 2D?  Hoping this isn't what I normally book on S or M class as a 2A or 1A...surely those are not like what the OP has posted.  Don't like the IV, def don't like these and can't afford a suite so guess I'm not sailing on Edge!

We couldn’t be more disappointed. This is the photo of the “upgrade” we received for our guaranteed sunset veranda. Worst accommodations we have ever had. That orange railing carries the magic carpet.  

The window is another cabin. About 55% obstructed view. To make matters worse the veranda window can be disabled by the crew. This turns my veranda into an ocean view room. We have not opened it yet.  I have Always had a veranda because we like to sit out on it at all hours of the day or night. 

Promptly went to guest services to complain. I can see into the other room and they can see into ours!

89D96BA9-C5E6-4C56-BBFD-834798C13CD5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1