Anyone recently used 144 hr transit visa in Shanghai to catch their cruise ship?

Betty in Cozumel

Looking for someone who has recently used the free 144 hour transit visa for China to catch their cruise ship.  We leave on the MS Westerdam in March out of Shanghai.  We board on the 3rd and sail on the 4th.  We will be flying directly/non-stop from Toronto to Shanghai on March 1/2.  I have also pre-registered for this visa on the Chinese government's website.

We are Canadians living in Mexico and there is no easy way for us to buy the 10 year multiple entry visa.  We wish to use the 144 hr transit visa and currently our trip is within the requirements for this visa.

I just wanted to hear from someone who has done this recently.

Thanks

Betty

2 hours ago, Betty in Cozumel said:

Looking for someone who has recently used the free 144 hour transit visa for China to catch their cruise ship.  We leave on the MS Westerdam in March out of Shanghai.  We board on the 3rd and sail on the 4th.  We will be flying directly/non-stop from Toronto to Shanghai on March 1/2.  I have also pre-registered for this visa on the Chinese government's website.

We are Canadians living in Mexico and there is no easy way for us to buy the 10 year multiple entry visa.  We wish to use the 144 hr transit visa and currently our trip is within the requirements for this visa.

I just wanted to hear from someone who has done this recently.

Thanks

Betty

We used it when leaving our cruise on US passports back in April. From what I read you are flying on Canadian passport out of Toronto to Shanghai so the passports are ok. Looking up the ship it shows your port after Shanghai is in Korea so you should be able to use it. Criteria is the stop before and the stop after China cannot be the same place so no problem.  

BTW when we used it we got off the ship in Tianjin China. Our stop before was Korea and our flight after was to Seattle

Edited by PCWalton1

Thanks PCWalton1.  Our actual next port after China is now Japan, not Korea but we still qualify for the 144 hr transit.

Everyone seems to be getting a real visa and I guess we would too if we still lived in Toronto and it was easy to get.  Not so much now from Mexico.