How to Get "Remember my Password" back on?

41 minutes ago, BridgeMates said:

Didn't there used to be a "remember my password" option?  Don't see anymore.

I think we have to manually sign out and in now.  I'm permanently signed in.  I took a risk, and signed out.  Then left the site.  When I returned, I signed in again.  Then I went away.  When I came back later I was still signed in.

yes  there use to be  when you sign in

not sure if it is still there  as I seem to stay logged in

You could check the settings in your browser to see if the cookies are cleared  when you close the browser

using computer  with FF

On 12/10/2018 at 8:51 AM, broberts said:

One must explicitly log out. Otherwise the system automatically logs one in.

Nope-not true for me.  I am logged out by the system and I have to log in constantly.  Wasn’t true before the so called upgrade.  Have tried all the suggestions and none have worked.  No wonder many have just given up and are no longer posting.  

21 minutes ago, purduemom1 said:

Nope-not true for me.  I am logged out by the system and I have to log in constantly.  Wasn’t true before the so called upgrade.  Have tried all the suggestions and none have worked.  No wonder many have just given up and are no longer posting.  

Check that your browser is set to allow the CC website to store cookies on your machine.

When all else fails, email help@cruisecritic.com. There may be able to figure out the issue.

12 hours ago, broberts said:

Check that your browser is set to allow the CC website to store cookies on your machine.

When all else fails, email help@cruisecritic.com. There may be able to figure out the issue.

Thanks for the suggestion. Cookies aren’t the problem because this didn’t happen before the upgrade and I have not changed my settings.  It now happens without any particular pattern so hard to figure out cause.  I have asked for help and the answer was that they are aware of the problem and are working on it.  That was quite awhile ago.  I know I’m not alone as I see others have the same problem. I just wonder why the need for this “upgrade” since the old version was working for everyone. 

On 12/9/2018 at 6:56 PM, Shmoo here said:

I think we have to manually sign out and in now.  I'm permanently signed in.  I took a risk, and signed out.  Then left the site.  When I returned, I signed in again.  Then I went away.  When I came back later I was still signed in.

If I understand, I've signed in but no longer sign out.

When I google CC I'm already signed in.  Easier, hope there's no downside.  I'm technically challenged.

On 12/13/2018 at 10:30 AM, purduemom1 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Cookies aren’t the problem because this didn’t happen before the upgrade and I have not changed my settings.  It now happens without any particular pattern so hard to figure out cause.  I have asked for help and the answer was that they are aware of the problem and are working on it.  That was quite awhile ago.  I know I’m not alone as I see others have the same problem. I just wonder why the need for this “upgrade” since the old version was working for everyone. 

This is a different system so the browsers setting will affect this login differently than the old software

For Firefox

The Ask to save needs to be checked

image.png.e36d0301ea759d3f61483ee440e9d6e0.png

For Chrome Auto sign in needs to be turned on or turned on by site.

image.png.12f57226aa6a8ee422016023c364e027.png

For IE11 its tools->internet options->content tab -> Auto complete settings

image.png.49d0ac179a37b491aa66ec9745d0f718.png

I don't have Safari or Edge.

image.png

1 hour ago, Pushka said:

I never sign out but always have to log in every time I go to CC.  I hope the update fixes it. 

Are you using a private / incognito browser session? If not, have you set your browser to accept and retain CC cookies?

32 minutes ago, broberts said:

Are you using a private / incognito browser session? If not, have you set your browser to accept and retain CC cookies?

Not a private browser and CC is the only forum that I have this issue with and only since they changed the platform a few weeks ago. It’s not at my end. 

10 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Not a private browser and CC is the only forum that I have this issue with and only since they changed the platform a few weeks ago. It’s not at my end. 

Have you even bothered to check the browser cookie settings for the CC site?

10 hours ago, Pushka said:

I never sign out but always have to log in every time I go to CC.

Even if you never actively log out, every time you leave CC for a while you will be automatically logged out after a period of inactivity. That's how it worked in the old system and that's how it works in the new system.

What some CCers have long relied on is that CC will automatically log you back in when you come back to CC (which is different from not being logged out). For some people, that automatic login process is now more visible than it used to be, because it takes several seconds. For other people, the automatic login process is failing for some reason. For yet others, it seems that even a manual login is not sticking for the duration of a browser session.

It sounds like you're in the second group. Let's see what this weekend's update does.

32 minutes ago, Globaliser said:

Even if you never actively log out, every time you leave CC for a while you will be automatically logged out after a period of inactivity. That's how it worked in the old system and that's how it works in the new system.

What some CCers have long relied on is that CC will automatically log you back in when you come back to CC (which is different from not being logged out). For some people, that automatic login process is now more visible than it used to be, because it takes several seconds. For other people, the automatic login process is failing for some reason. For yet others, it seems that even a manual login is not sticking for the duration of a browser session.

It sounds like you're in the second group. Let's see what this weekend's update does.

I was never logged out in the old system. 

9 hours ago, broberts said:

Have you even bothered to check the browser cookie settings for the CC site?

Why would they be different for other forums? A cookie is a cookie and I’ve allowed CC to establish cookies. I don’t like the tone of your question

The update seems to have fixed it and I did not change any settings so clearly it wasn’t my issue to begin with. Thanks. 

Edited by Pushka

3 hours ago, Pushka said:

I was never logged out in the old system. 

You were - unless you always kept your computer on and modified your browser to auto-refresh every 15 minutes or so even when you weren't at the computer.

In all probability, you simply never saw it. If you always used the same browser to look at CC, then the instant you came back to CC you would be logged in again. To see that you were logged off, you'd have to use another uncookied browser to come to CCt to check your login status. Unless you can positively say that you made such a check after you'd deliberately had a period of CC inactivity, then the chances are overwhelmingly that you were automatically logged off - just like everybody else was - and never saw it.

3 hours ago, Pushka said:

A cookie is a cookie ...

No.

Different sites handle cookies in different ways. A new software setup on a single site may use different cookies from the old software setup. The new software setup may use cookies coming from a different domain from the domain used in the old setup. And any tweak to any software setup may require different cookies to work. To get a cookie to work, it has to be just right for the current software.

So no, it is simply not true that a cookie is a cookie, except in the most basic description.

7 hours ago, Pushka said:

Why would they be different for other forums? A cookie is a cookie and I’ve allowed CC to establish cookies. I don’t like the tone of your question

The update seems to have fixed it and I did not change any settings so clearly it wasn’t my issue to begin with. Thanks. 

Short answer is because. There are a large variety of cookies and browser cookie policies. I simply wanted to know if you had actually verified your browser's CC site settings for cookies. The tone of answers to my suggestions made me think that assumptions were being made.

On 12/15/2018 at 2:29 AM, Globaliser said:

Bumping this.  Since the big move, I've occasionally had to log in explicitly.  Prior to a few days ago, when I clicked through on an email notification, it would take a few seconds to log me in, but I didn't have to do anything.

Lately, I've had click the login button to post in a subscribed thread, and I'm now getting "not authorized" (or whatever it says) when I click through on my roll calls.  This happened never before the big change, and occasionally after, now pretty much most of the time.  Before it was mildly annoying.  Now it's getting really annoying.

Anyone else?

17 hours ago, abbydancer said:

Bumping this.  Since the big move, I've occasionally had to log in explicitly.  Prior to a few days ago, when I clicked through on an email notification, it would take a few seconds to log me in, but I didn't have to do anything.

Lately, I've had click the login button to post in a subscribed thread, and I'm now getting "not authorized" (or whatever it says) when I click through on my roll calls.  This happened never before the big change, and occasionally after, now pretty much most of the time.  Before it was mildly annoying.  Now it's getting really annoying.

Anyone else?

Yup. Same here. Worked fine for a few days, now, back to square one. 

Here too. 

The "remember me" doesn't work on ipad or on my pc.  

I havent changed any cookie settings.   Occassionally I will clear history and cookies to reset counters for other websites with " x free articles".

In the past while I'm logged out after this, the login info autofilled for me.   Now it does not.  

I cannot find where to tell my ipad (safari) and pc (chrome) to remember the login id and password for cruise critic.   

Every other website works the same as it always has.  

Only the new cruisecritic platform doesn't have the "remember me" option.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, cruisintoddler said:

Bumping .... 

Has anyone found the "remember me" option for login on ANY device yet??  

There is no longer such an option. You automatically stay logged in now.  

However, there does seem to be a bit of a glitch with some devices, so that you are logged out after a period of time. I believe this is a known issue.