What would you do? Stay on Oasis or change?

What Would You Do?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Stay on my current ship. I'm sure it will be fine.
    • Switch to another ship. I wouldn't take chances.

WE were on the Oasis Oct 28th and also Nov. 25th. There was talk a few months ago about a stablization issue and heard a few mentions of it in diamond lounge but we never had  any problem. We ran normal speeds on both,  no docking issues, and all areas of the ship were open and saw nothing closed or under repair except for normal paint,tile  etc maintenance. had calm and moderate seas and never any problem . We are booked in Jr. for April 7th.   Bob & Nancy

I've just changed my mind. DON'T GO!

There is no way you will be able to enjoy this trip worrying 24/7 about what is going to break down.

What you need to do is call Royal and have them transfer your reservation into my name. I will bear the weight of worrying for you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grenouille21 said:

I just read that the Oasis had a power failure in mid-November.  Is this normal for cruise ships, to lose power and just get pushed along by the waves for a while?

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Normal...no, but it does happen

I was on the cruise the power went out on. It was like one minute or less. I was in an elevator and didn’t even have time to panic. It wasn’t a thing. 

2 hours ago, Grenouille21 said:

I just read that the Oasis had a power failure in mid-November.  Is this normal for cruise ships, to lose power and just get pushed along by the waves for a while?

Just out of curiosity, have you decided what you want to do?  It seems the majority feels you should stay on Oasis as long as you feel comfortable. 

I don't want to freak you out. Just the opposite actually. Check out this link which lists a history of "incidents". Most fall into the medical emergency or route change due to bad weather. But Oasis has had a few minor power outages over the years. Doesn't see to me a major deal.

https://www.cruisemapper.com/accidents/Oasis-Of-The-Seas-690

22 minutes ago, Wilda said:

Oasis is being refitted with a retractable stack to allow her to go under the V Bridge in Bayonne.  

Actually, Oasis always had retractable stacks.  However, they have not used that mechanism for 9 years, so I imagine there's a bit of maintenance needed.