Accessible shuttle from Outer Mole port in Key West?

flabuddy

We will be cruising on the Celebrity Infinity soon. My spouse uses a mobility scooter. We will not be taking a shore excursion in Key West but want to visit the town on our own. Are the shuttles from the Outer Mole port into town scooter accessible? Are the shuttles operated by the cruise ship or the port, and do we need to make special arrangements ahead of time for accessible transport to and from the port? Thank you

The shuttles are operated by the port, using the Conch Train trolleys.  Since they are the only method permitted for getting from that pier into town, I would assume that they would have one or more of their accessible cars on those trains.

https://www.conchtourtrain.com/wheelchair-accessible-tours.html

Yes, you have to take a shuttle bus to and from town. You cannot wander through the Navy base. I do believe all the buses are wheelchair accessible. I boarded from the back of the buses and I think it was a lift. Also, I think the buses have two wheelchair spaces. Take identification with you. Security guards did come on the bus to check when we returned to the ship.

Most the stores in town are accessible. One sort of drug / department store had an elevator around back. So if you see a place you want to enter with a lot of steps, just ask. If you have a sweet tooth for chocolates, stop in Kilwins. Their fudge is tops. Actually, everything we tried (over multiple trips) was excellent.

Have a wonderful trip,

Betty