Horizon December 15 Questions

fitcruisecouple

Hello everyone!   Couple questions - we will be on the 12/15 cruise and we have a family harbor suite.  Does the harbor lounge have hot water for making hot chocolate/tea? 

We will be boarding at 11:30.   We plan on changing into our swimsuits and heading to Lido to grab a bite and lounge. Is that the best plan while the ship is loading?  

Does the "secret deck" up front get crowded for the sail away?  Trying to decide how early we need to "sneak" up there lol. 

Just got off the horizon from a family suite. They do have hot water but a very. Limited tea selection. The express machine does make a nice cup of hot chocolate. Let me know if you have other family harbor questions. We enjoyed it.

As far as sailaway goes, it usually happens just after the muster(safety) drill, so I don't think there is any getting there 'early'.  I have been onboard when the safety drill was dragged out by laggards, and the ship sailed during the drill.  EM

10 hours ago, drimlin said:

Just got off the horizon from a family suite. They do have hot water but a very. Limited tea selection. The express machine does make a nice cup of hot chocolate. Let me know if you have other family harbor questions. We enjoyed it.

Did you find it noisy? We will be in 2411 in a couple weeks. 

How was the family lounge coffee? What were the cappuccino options? 

TIA

It was noisy with the galley above. That said, we are pretty hard sleepers and the noise never bothered us. Other than some occasional loud banging, it was more of a consistent ship noise that for us blended into the background.

As far as the coffee, you had your option of hot chocolate, Expresso, latte, black coffee, and capuchino. I enjoyed the latte option with a shot of Expresso. The machine also had a frother if you prefer a different amount of steamed milk. The biggest issue was the lounge closing at 9 pm because more than one night I wanted a good coffee after dinner.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, drimlin said:

It was noisy with the galley above. That said, we are pretty hard sleepers and the noise never bothered us. Other than some occasional loud banging, it was more of a consistent ship noise that for us blended into the background.

As far as the coffee, you had your option of hot chocolate, Expresso, latte, black coffee, and capuchino. I enjoyed the latte option with a shot of Expresso. The machine also had a frother if you prefer a different amount of steamed milk. The biggest issue was the lounge closing at 9 pm because more than one night I wanted a good coffee after dinner.

Thank you! Did you ever order from the coffee shop? How good is the lounge coffee?  We are on the fence with Cheers! and needing to go to the coffe shop for 2-3 cups each a day tip the equation in favor of Cheers! But if family harbor coffee is decent, we can probably skip Cheers!

Personally, we have always had the "free coffee".  We bring out own non-dairy creamer and Splenda.   Considering we drink Black Rifle Coffee, it's quite a step down, but we don't mind it for a week.  We are not big Starbucks fans and the coffee shop coffee reminds us to much of them. 

• Thanks 1

Personally, we have always had the "free coffee".  We bring out own non-dairy creamer and Splenda.   Considering we drink Black Rifle Coffee, it's quite a step down, but we don't mind it for a week.  We are not big Starbucks fans and the coffee shop coffee reminds us to much of them.

We are in cabin 2410 which is directly across from the family lounge door!  Excited! Will be nice for our kids, and our coffee trips!  And it seems to be far enough from aft that we aren't under the galley.

Edited by fitcruisecouple
added

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:41 AM, fitcruisecouple said:

Hello everyone!   Couple questions - we will be on the 12/15 cruise and we have a family harbor suite.  Does the harbor lounge have hot water for making hot chocolate/tea? 

We will be boarding at 11:30.   We plan on changing into our swimsuits and heading to Lido to grab a bite and lounge. Is that the best plan while the ship is loading?  

Does the "secret deck" up front get crowded for the sail away?  Trying to decide how early we need to "sneak" up there lol. 

Just a reminder that your 11:30 AM time is NOT your boarding time.  That is your check in time at the terminal.  Once checked in you will board by zone number unless you are diamond/platinum, or have FTTF whenever the ship is cleared to allow passengers to board.  Not sure if Family Harbor falls under early boarding privileges. 

Not a bad thought to lounge by the pool, but the Lido deck and pool will be crowded as people come on board and head tot eh Lido for food and drink.  I suggest you get your protein jones taken care of at the Pig n Anchor on deck 5.  BBQ. Chicken. flights of craft beer.  Salads. 

6 hours ago, fitcruisecouple said:

Too bad there's not a Keurig machine where you can carry on Black Rifle Rounds.  But wondering if the expresso machine has pods or pre-measured servings or if you ladle out your own?   And agree on *$$ as that's what is used now at the coffee kiosk, not Lavazza.

1 hour ago, drimlin said:

The machine is premeasured. I am not a coffee snob, but I found the machine coffee quality more than acceptable. Certainly better than the usual ship stuff.

What do you mean by "premeasured?" That you cannot adjust the strength? Or the amount? 

Ok for the record, our cabin 2410 is extremely noisy at night!  You were right, we are directly under the galley!   It went on most of the night and then ramped up at 4 am!   But like someone mentioned, its mostly background noise with an occassional loud bang followed by someone yelling “hey man you ok”.  I literally thought they were out on our balcony lol.  

The good news is our door is directly across from the lounge which makes it very convienent for morning coffee and food!  Sitt9ng on our balcony sipping coffee and eating a giant plate of bacon = heaven 😂

So far, a great cruise!  Won trivia last night and had a great first day!  Off to the gym now to work off all the bacon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fitcruisecouple said:

Ok for the record, our cabin 2410 is extremely noisy at night!  You were right, we are directly under the galley!   It went on most of the night and then ramped up at 4 am!   But like someone mentioned, its mostly background noise with an occassional loud bang followed by someone yelling “hey man you ok”.  I literally thought they were out on our balcony lol.  

The good news is our door is directly across from the lounge which makes it very convienent for morning coffee and food!  Sitt9ng on our balcony sipping coffee and eating a giant plate of bacon = heaven 😂

So far, a great cruise!  Won trivia last night and had a great first day!  Off to the gym now to work off all the bacon.

LOL! Glad to hear you're making lemonade out of lemons... and that there's no limit to the bacon! Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fitcruisecouple said:

I had to go check the deck plans to see where we will be in relation to you....2411 is on the other side of the ship, and about 5 cabins down the hall (towards midship). So we will probBly have a similar noise issue. Is it more than a fan and a noise machine can cancel out?