All Things Magic

richbum

Hello everyone....We are getting ready to book a cruise on the Magic...and I am having a hard time finding information. I have found a couple of reviews....but any hints, tricks, or whatever about the magic would be helpful....I want the good, bad and ugly!!! We have cruised once on Carnival...but our friends are cruise virgins.....

Thanks in advance......

Edited by richbum

2 hours ago, richbum said:

Do they have the "secret deck"  that people can go to for sail away?  We are looking at balcony rooms...any area to avoid? 

have the deck plans open.   Avoid any noise area above or below you.    Much noise areas on deck 5   under deck 6.

Deck 7/8 by the aft elevtor  7429   or 8441 area   

secret decks are deck 6, 7,10   and then you also have the serenity area

We loved the Magic in 2017, so much so we're heading back to her in March. There are 'secret' decks that open out on to the front of the ship with access on 6, 7 and 10 as previously posted. If I remember correctly some are connected by stairs, and they are only open in it's not too windy. It's a great place to watch the ship arrive into a port. We had a balcony on deck 8 forward last time, and we're on deck 11 midship this time around. If you're looking for a quiet place for lunch on embarkation day, go to the Italian restaurant instead of the buffet. The food is good, made to order and there was no surcharge for lunch, only dinner and it's out of the crowds down below in the buffet. I'm hoping that secret hasn't gotten out because it was so nice to walk through the buffet and find the stairs up to the Italian restaurant in into our own little piece of quiet to wait for our stateroom.

• Like 1

We were on the Magic in August 2017 (see review link in my signature) and are booked again in August 2019! It is a great ship. We like inside rooms on the Lido Deck (deck 10). Quiet and convenient to the buffet, gym, and all of the outdoor activities. 

Thank you for the reviews.....Does anyone have some pictures that they can share....My family has cruised Carnival once (Destiney in 2011)...but we are travelling with a few cruise virgins.....Thanks everyone...keep the reviews coming...I don't cruise until Jan 2021....and I need something to keep me occupied during the slow times at work ;)

17 hours ago, dctravel said:

What types of pictures are you looking for? I can take a look at what we took, but googling for pictures is probably just as efficient. If there is something particular you want to see, I will see if I captured it!

Nothing in particular...I just want to show our group...but I can go on google or bing

We were on the Magic this past 4th of July 2018 and it was awesome. It's one of the better ships. Lots of eating venues. I didnt get a chance to go everywhere because it was so many places to eat. Excellent if you are taking kids. Lots of activities and entertainment for adults.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Treyatl2006 said:

We were on the Magic this past 4th of July 2018 and it was awesome. It's one of the better ships. Lots of eating venues. I didnt get a chance to go everywhere because it was so many places to eat. Excellent if you are taking kids. Lots of activities and entertainment for adults.

We aren't sure if our 2 granddaughters are going yet or not....If they do...I can't wait to see their faces. They are going to have a blast!

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:43 PM, Jamman54 said:

Here is the link to our Magic B2B picture review. Enjoy!

Carnival Magic B2B

Wow....thank you so much...your review was amazing!!! I clicked on your webpage to see more pictures...thank you so so much for posting...I still have 2 years to wait...but I am super excited!

1 hour ago, richbum said:

Wow....thank you so much...your review was amazing!!! I clicked on your webpage to see more pictures...thank you so so much for posting...I still have 2 years to wait...but I am super excited!

You're welcome. I hope it answered any questions you may have had. Enjoy your planning. 😎

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:27 PM, Jamman54 said:

You're welcome. I hope it answered any questions you may have had. Enjoy your planning. 😎

Thank you very much...I have read your reviews in the past...not sure how I missed this one...I do have another question....I haven't cruise since 2011...at that point, you could just go to embark at 10:30 or whatever and they would have you a card with your boarding number....I have read that they now end you a time...how does this work....If they tell me noon...and I still show up early...do I have to wait until noon to check in?