Use onboard credit to pre-purchase unlimited Internet?

dshuns

Has anyone been able to use onboard credit from shareholder benefits or future cruise credits to pre-pay for unlimited Internet?  I'll be sailing on the Regal Princess and would like to pre-purchase the $59.99 MedallionNet Internet, as my understanding is that the price increases once on-board.

7 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

That's true.  I can tell you that internet was much cheaper before the cruise than while on it.  I almost prepaid for unlimited vs. using my Elite minutes but thought I'd get a better deal onboard.  Nope.  Best deal was prior to sailing and forgetting about my Elite minutes. 

When anyone without platinum/elite status before the cruise can get a better deal than the platinum/elite free minutes benefit, then one of the best perks of the status has disappeared.

The unlimited internet for one device if bought before the cruise is a few cents under $100.  While it has reduced the P/E free minutes benefit, it still costs $100.  So it is a decision of whether one wants to spend $100 or stay with the free 150/250 minutes depending on length of cruise.  While $100 is small compared to what you pay to be on the cruise, it does buy a number of mimosas rather than spending the cruise using the internet.  The mimosas are a lot more enjoyable to me. 

We were on the CB last month and had the P/E free internet minutes.  I did stop by the internet cafe and asked them what happens when I use up my internet minutes before the cruise ends.  I was told that I could then buy unlimited internet minutes for $9.95/day for all the rest of the days on the ship.  You have to buy for all of the rest of the cruise days at that point.  I assume that this is the most recent policy but then this is Princess.   

Edited by satxdiver