Encore / Ovation Penthouse Spa Suite corner vs. non-corner

timothyf

We are planning a voyage on Encore in a Penthouse Spa Suite. Information / videos / photos of non-corner PS suites seems difficult to find online. Does anyone have available or perhaps the ability to point me in the right direction?

Thank you. 

It is so difficult to find much information on these suites particularly the inside (non corner) suites.  My husband and I are booked in a Penthouse spa suite on the Sojourn next fall and I was very conflicted whether to select the inside or outside cabin.  After my TA contacted Seabourn directly she was told the inside cabins have approximately 30 square feet of larger verandas than the outside corner suites and the outside corner suites have a window in the bedroom, this being the main differences between the two.   The only other difference I have read somewhere is that the entrance into the bedroom is different between the inside and outside cabins.  One is from the hallway and the other is from the sitting area.  I too am looking for additional information and photos so I will monitor this thread and hope someone has more information for both of us :).  I found one small photo of an inside (non corner)  terrace but that  is all I have been able to locate as far as photos or videos of the inside spa suites.

Inside spa suite balcony.png

Thank you for the response. Glad to read that I am not the only one struggling with this “dilemma”. Our TA is EXCELLENT and a frequent Seabourn cruiser. He prefers the larger non-corner suites, but we are on a voyage which circumnavigates New Zealand and a port-side view has its advantages for this itinerary. We have cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Royal Carribean, Disney and Viking in the past but this will be our first Seabourn voyage. We are done with the crowds and lines of mass-market ships. We were so pleasantly surprised with Viking Ocean and are hoping that we will enjoy Seabourn just the same or perhaps even more.

We enjoyed our corner suite on Sojourn.  The window in the bedroom to me makes a big difference.  It was nice to lie in bed and look out.  In addition the side view from the balcony provides better views.

• Thanks 1

We have enjoyed the PH Spa suites on both the Odyssey and Encore class ships. We love them all. We actually like the location as much as the suites themselves. Very easily central to most of what happens on the ship. The O and E class Spa Suites are quite different and having elevator access on the E class could be important for some. The spiral staircase beside the water feature in the spa on the O class is very very nice. On the O class the 2 inside suites have a bigger balcony and the way the closet works is (IMO) a little more functional. But the outside suites have the lovely (and pretty large) window in the bedroom. We have stayed in both and slightly prefer the outside because of the window and being able to see better off to the side of the ship. On the E class we have only stayed in an outside (corner) suite. With these new suites the balcony actually wraps around so you can really get a good look forward if you go clear around the balcony. I think this makes the corner balconies larger than the three inside suites. The inside suites themselves are slightly larger because of the curve taken out of the living room in the outside suites. This makes NO difference to me as all of these suites are just huge. The other large difference between O and E class is that the older O class suites have a full wall of windows facing aft and on the newer E class ones there is "only" the door with a side window - much much less window than the O class.  I hope this helps some. Having done all of these we would always choose a corner suite if available but love any of the spa suites. 

Here is a link to some fantastic photos of the corner spa suite on Ovation (Encore class):

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/seabourn-ovation-1051/penthouse-spa-suite-415128/

…John

• Thanks 1

We have been in the Penthouse Spa suites on the Encore twice now---both times it was one of the outside/corner ones. We love the wrap around balcony and the view it provides when sitting outside is great. Much wider than the inside suites. We will be on the Ovation in May 2019 and again booked a corner suite.

Only trouble is that once you try it going back to a 'regular' cabin is difficult and as far as 'she who must be behaved' is not going to happen--so beware

-Barry

• 2 weeks later...

We have stayed almost exclusively in the corner PH Spa Suites since they added them to the o class ships.  We absolutely love those corner suites.  The deck is great but the other wonderful feature is the wall of windows.  During poor weather you can enjoy fabulous views from the room even if not using the deck.

right now we are about to end our first cruise on Ovation.  We have not been on Encore.

although the Corner PH Spa Suite is a lovely room, they used the same window and door as used on smaller suites, and it’s not centrally placed in the room so the sight lines to look out at the view are very poor from the room. When you are able to use the deck it is wonderful, but on some days it is too hot, too cold, rainy, etc we thought the lack of windows like on the O class ships was disappointing.  In fact we rearranged the funrniture so that we could see out the small windows from the couch,   A bit strange as it was right under the tv, but we don’t use the tv anyway so worked for us.  Otherwise you’d be looking from the couch to the tv and wall with no sea view.  

Anyway I don’t mean to complain as it’s still a great room I just think they made some mistakes in the larger ships design with not enough windows in the corners and poor furniture arrangement if you want to enjoy the view.  Deck still amazing.  

If I were to go again on a cruise on the Ovation or Encore and did not think I’d be able to use the deck much I might consider a middle room as windows are more centered so you have better sight lines from insidde, but the big drawback is you miss that wrap around deck on the corner!  Just my thoughts as we wrap up this trip ( so sad it’s ciming to an end as we had a fantastic time, great service, and enjoyed many things about the new ship).  Hope this helps.