Bag drop Manchester airport.

Next year we fly to Barbados to get our cruise, we fly on a Thursday at 1pm, I've been reading up on bag drops a day before flying, Tui's own website suggests that you can do this bag drop "a day before". However, the wife thinks that she's read somewhere that you can only bag drop the day before if you're flying before 12 mid day, has any one done this recently and can give me any insight as to what we can do? 

Regards.

• 1 year later...
On 12/10/2018 at 10:30 PM, GINGERWILDCAT said:

Next year we fly to Barbados to get our cruise, we fly on a Thursday at 1pm, I've been reading up on bag drops a day before flying, Tui's own website suggests that you can do this bag drop "a day before". However, the wife thinks that she's read somewhere that you can only bag drop the day before if you're flying before 12 mid day, has any one done this recently and can give me any insight as to what we can do? 

Regards.

Interesting to see this as we're dong the same in 3 weeks from Manchester. So far as I know first of all, bonding means that you drop off bags at the Marella stand" whatever that is in Manchester airport and it's taken directly to the cruise. Not sure if you can drop the daybefore. Normally you can for am flights but not sure on bonded flights. Any info please?

If your luggage is bonded from Manchester you join the check in queue for the cruise and a TUI Rep will put a label with your cabin number on your cases whilst in the queue Make sure you're in the Cruise queue for the flight You should be told this as you approach the check in desk queues as there are a lot of desks open. You won't see your cases again until they are placed outside your cabin. We have flown from Manchester many times and have not used Day before check in and not sure they do it but check in is usually very quick.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2020 at 2:31 PM, Vitalsign said:

If your luggage is bonded from Manchester you join the check in queue for the cruise and a TUI Rep will put a label with your cabin number on your cases whilst in the queue Make sure you're in the Cruise queue for the flight You should be told this as you approach the check in desk queues as there are a lot of desks open. You won't see your cases again until they are placed outside your cabin. We have flown from Manchester many times and have not used Day before check in and not sure they do it but check in is usually very quick.

Vitalsign - do you know how soon before the flight the check in desk opens please. We are flying out in April to Jamaica and need to plan what time to leave home for Manchester. Thanks

They open Three hours before but you can still queue before that especially good to get first in the queue if you haven't booked your seats and haven't checked in online so you can choose your seats BUT I believe most people check in online If you haven't paid to select your seats they are issued one week before departure by checking in online

17 minutes ago, Vitalsign said:

They open Three hours before but you can still queue before that especially good to get first in the queue if you haven't booked your seats and haven't checked in online so you can choose your seats BUT I believe most people check in online If you haven't paid to select your seats they are issued one week before departure by checking in online

Thank you that is very helpful 😄

Edited by matmoo

• 2 weeks later...