FCDs

Bubbs33

Please note: The charge will be made directly to your credit card; it will not appear on your shipboard account. An alternate credit card may be used; however it must be shown to the Future Cruise Consultant to process the Future Cruise Deposit. Confirmations will be sent to the email address on file. This offer is combinable with most publicly offered fares and promotions. The Future Cruise Deposit will be automatically refunded if not applied to a new booking created within two
years from date of purchase. Once applied to a booking the Future Cruise Deposit is considered money and is subject to booking terms and conditions. Only one Future Cruise Deposit per person applied to a booking will provide shipboard credit. Shipboard credit is nonrefundable and only applicable to each Future Cruise Deposit purchased and applies to the holder of the Future Cruise Deposit only, excluding 3rd and 4th berth guests. Shipboard credit is based on the ship’s onboard currency and is not redeemable for cash. Only sailing guests are eligible to purchase a Future Cruise Deposit. Future Cruise Deposits do not apply to bookings on Charter voyages. Reduced deposit and onboard credits do not apply to bookings 45+ days.
  The reduced deposit requirement for these bookings may vary based on booking dates, and a fare discount of 3% is provided. Future Cruise Credits are non-transferable. Revised 7/2018

6 hours ago, paul929207 said:

Yes, the FCD can be used for any cruise you book after purchasing it.

Except for special rates such as are given to friends and family of Princess employees or to rates Travel Agents can travel using.

Princess employees and travel agents are already given heavily discounted fares which precludes them from FCD and most if not all OBC available to the rest of us.  Problem with last minute cruises is that all the fare is payable upon booking since it is after the usual final payment date.  Any cruise booked after final payment date is payable in full upon booking.  I am not sure that an FCD can be used at that time but would guess not.    

1 hour ago, satxdiver said:

Princess employees and travel agents are already given heavily discounted fares which precludes them from FCD and most if not all OBC available to the rest of us.  Problem with last minute cruises is that all the fare is payable upon booking since it is after the usual final payment date.  Any cruise booked after final payment date is payable in full upon booking.  I am not sure that an FCD can be used at that time but would guess not.    

Just did it the other day!! The cruise is in January.

Applied the FCD and paid the balance.

OP: if you enjoy the cruise and think you'll want to repeat, buy more than one FCD (if the budget allows). You can only buy and receive full benefit while on the ship. It's possible to buy for a limited time after the cruise, but the OBC is reduced.

• Thanks 1

I was able to apply a FCD today for a cruise in Feb where final payment has passed.  I put the cruise on HOLD.  It is on hold until tomorrow.  My question is if I will lose the FCD if I decide not to go forward and book the cruise.  It is showing $200 as payment even though cruise is on hold.  I realize now I should not have answered yes to the FCD until I was sure.  Thank you.

I lost FCD when I had to cancel, but not sure if that is always the case --- Princess has so many promotions with different rules for each promo, it seems.  Someone with more knowledge about FCDs will answer, I'm sure.

28 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I was able to apply a FCD today for a cruise in Feb where final payment has passed.  I put the cruise on HOLD.  It is on hold until tomorrow.  My question is if I will lose the FCD if I decide not to go forward and book the cruise.  It is showing $200 as payment even though cruise is on hold.  I realize now I should not have answered yes to the FCD until I was sure.  Thank you.

Princess will reinstate the FCD as being available for another booking up to the time the FCD expires (2 years).  This of course assumes you did not book a non-refundable cruise in which case the FCD is lost. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bubbs33 said:

Will be going on our first cruise this summer. I have read many comments about FCDs. One question, can they be used on any booking, including last minute cruises?  Thanks.

Here is the fine print and the exclusions.

* This letter has been issued from the Future Cruise Sales Department for a Future Cruise Deposit (“FCD”) in the amount specified above. The FCD is available to use on new future bookings only and is non-transferable. The FCD currency is non-changeable. The FCD will be automatically refunded if not applied to a new booking created within two years from the date of purchase. The FCD may be combined with most publically offered fares and promotions. Once applied to a booking, the FCD is considered money and is subject to the terms and conditions in the Passage contract. Shipboard credits will be applied at the time of booking and applies to the holder of the FCD only and is not applicable to 3rd and 4th berth guests. Shipboard credit may only be used on a single voyage and expires at the end of that voyage. FCDs are not applicable to bookings 45 days or longer.. For those bookings a 3% cruise fare discount is given and reduced deposit requirements may vary based on booking date. To make your next booking, please contact your Travel Agent, or Princess Cruises at 1-800-PRINCESS.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I'm pretty sure, if you don't finalize the hold, the FCD goes back into your account.
I'm surprised that you were able to put the cabin on hold. When I booked a last minute cruise last week, the web site wouldn't allow me to do a hold. I called Princess & the rep said "no, can't do it".

3 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Thanks, ALL.  Still undecided but have to decide by the end of the day.  I will let you know either way and what happens with the FCD if we let the hold drop off.

It’s only a hold, not a booking. It shouldn’t affect your FCD at all. If you’re told differently, ask for a supervisor. 

A bit of an update.  My POC at Princess called me yesterday since she noticed the booking.  We chatted a bit, and she noticed I used the FCD  and I said I didn't mean to do that since it was only on hold.  She agreed I wouldn't want to use the FCD until I was sure.  She removed the FCD from the reservation, and put a new reservation on HOLD for me.  I have until end of the business day tomorrow(14th) to make a decision.  My hesitation is that we got off a cruise in Oct, again last month, and leaving again on Monday, lol.  In total this will make five for us by the end of the year.  I am not sure I "need" to go again in Feb.  With that said it is a great deal ($550pp balcony) thus it is making it hard to pass up.  We would also have $300 obc.  I will decide tomorrow.  

4 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

A bit of an update.  My POC at Princess called me yesterday since she noticed the booking.  We chatted a bit, and she noticed I used the FCD  and I said I didn't mean to do that since it was only on hold.  She agreed I wouldn't want to use the FCD until I was sure.  She removed the FCD from the reservation, and put a new reservation on HOLD for me.  I have until end of the business day tomorrow(14th) to make a decision.  My hesitation is that we got off a cruise in Oct, again last month, and leaving again on Monday, lol.  In total this will make five for us by the end of the year.  I am not sure I "need" to go again in Feb.  With that said it is a great deal ($550pp balcony) thus it is making it hard to pass up.  We would also have $300 obc.  I will decide tomorrow.  

Life is short! I’d sure grab the good deal and enjoy it!