Prebook Cirque show /restaurants on Meraviglia?

bazan

Hi,

I will boardiing the Meraviglia in Dec this year, I am just wondering if there is any benefits of prebooking the Cirque shows prior to boarding. I have read somewhere that even with prebookings., they will just issue you a voucher where you still have to do the long line up to book the times for the 2 shows.  Someone was saying just not prebook but rather once on board use the app to book show at the time you want (no need then to line up again). I wonder if the shows ever sold out? or better yet can we prebook now, but once on board use the app to book show and request refund for my prebook?

Also , this will be my first crusie with MSC, coming from RCCL, I see that you cannot reserve any of the specialty restaurants... so any rationale to buy those package before hand? or those specialty restarant package are only available precruise?

Thanks in advance.

12 hours ago, bazan said:

Hi,

I will boardiing the Meraviglia in Dec this year, I am just wondering if there is any benefits of prebooking the Cirque shows prior to boarding. I have read somewhere that even with prebookings., they will just issue you a voucher where you still have to do the long line up to book the times for the 2 shows.  Someone was saying just not prebook but rather once on board use the app to book show at the time you want (no need then to line up again). I wonder if the shows ever sold out? or better yet can we prebook now, but once on board use the app to book show and request refund for my prebook?

Also , this will be my first crusie with MSC, coming from RCCL, I see that you cannot reserve any of the specialty restaurants... so any rationale to buy those package before hand? or those specialty restarant package are only available precruise?

Thanks in advance.

Hey bazan:

I don't know if you're referencing my experience concerning pre-booking Cirque shows, but what you describe was my experience as well. Those who pre-booked had to stand in line to get their show times, while I just went on the app (you can also do it from your interactive TV in the cabin), select your times, and get immediate confirmation. Your tickets will then be delivered to your cabin the evening prior to your performance. 

We didn't purchase a specialty restaurant package, but you can purchase those once onboard (they will try to sell them to you as soon as you board, and there will also be an information table set up at the Galleria Meraviglia to sell packages throughout the week). Even though I didnt buy the package, I checked restaurant availability several times because I wanted do an individual dinner, and I never found any that was sold out. Some popular times were filled, but otherwise it would've been easy to make a reservation. Enjoy! 

15 minutes ago, Tapi said:

...while I just went on the app (you can also do it from your interactive TV in the cabin), select your times, and get immediate confirmation. Your tickets will then be delivered to your cabin the evening prior to your performance.

Were you charged a 15% gratuity when you booked the Cirque show on the ship?

2 hours ago, Até said:

Were you charged a 15% gratuity when you booked the Cirque show on the ship?

Yes. The show was 15 Euros but the charge to my onboard account was 17.25 if I recall correctly

6 hours ago, Tapi said:

Hey bazan:

I don't know if you're referencing my experience concerning pre-booking Cirque shows, but what you describe was my experience as well. Those who pre-booked had to stand in line to get their show times, while I just went on the app (you can also do it from your interactive TV in the cabin), select your times, and get immediate confirmation. Your tickets will then be delivered to your cabin the evening prior to your performance. 

We didn't purchase a specialty restaurant package, but you can purchase those once onboard (they will try to sell them to you as soon as you board, and there will also be an information table set up at the Galleria Meraviglia to sell packages throughout the week). Even though I didnt buy the package, I checked restaurant availability several times because I wanted do an individual dinner, and I never found any that was sold out. Some popular times were filled, but otherwise it would've been easy to make a reservation. Enjoy! 

Thanks for the reply. yes that is what I was referring to. Just reading through the respond here does this mean prebooking we don't get charge gratuity? We are on the Dec 29 the sailing  so just trying to sort everything out including port excursions...not sure how busy that week is but looks like excursions are tight (non cruise line operated ones)... so wondering if want to book Cirque on board. Any idea if you can cancel ?

txs

12 hours ago, bazan said:

Any idea if you can cancel ?

I’m not sure. I want to say that yes, you can cancel up to a certain number of hours before the performance, but I don’t want to say it with certainty because I honestly don’t remember. 

What I do recommend, whether you pre book or book onboard, is that you check your seating assignment as soon as you can. I had read that “all cocktail seats” are closest to the stage so I didn’t worry too much about it, but I learned on the day of the performance (a little too late) that there are cocktail tables all the way in the back of the theater beyond the dining tables and in a corner, and that’s where we had our assigned seats. I asked for a seat change but they were sold out (partly fueled because of the show cancelations the two previous days), and the guy told me that I should’ve checked earlier in the week for seat changes, not on the day of the show. 

Edited by Tapi

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 3:16 AM, bazan said:

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

When I said on Meraviglia we pre-booked both shows, one with the meal and the other with the cocktail.

We booked one show on line and the other by phoning the MSC regional office.

For the show we booked by phone we were able to book a day and time but we couldn't do the same for the show booked on line. Even the rep at the regional office couldn't book a day and time for that show. We asked the concierge, we were in the YC , to book a day and time for us. We did this on embarkation day as there were insufficient seats in total for the shows  as compared to the number of passengers, especially when many guests were going to both shows. Thee were shows which were sold out.

The maths,

Ship's capacity  5714 guests

Theatre seats 450

two shows per night gives 900 seats available per day

Shows on 6 days ( they only do shows on 6 days)  gives  5400 seats. even if every guest only wants to go to one show then there are 300 seats too few.

If you say that half of the guests want to go to both shows then there are 2350 too few seats, assuming that the ship is full.

So my advice is to pre-book by phone and get a date and time allocated before you board.  

Pete