British Cruise Couple Arrested For Drug Smuggelling

G.M.T.

A British cruise couple from the Marco Polo have been arrested in Lisbon for drug smuggelling.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-46521026

I know the Marco polo is not a Costa ship, but have a look at the Sky report, talk about fake news:

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-46521026

Don't know how old the photo is, I think it is the Costa Classica, even before it  was Neoised.

Not so, that is the Marco Polo, the bridge is very different from the old/new Classica, the stern is also slightly rounder.

Strange story though, seems like they have enough money for six cruises a year, so he buys some cheap suitcases to save money on impulse , but gives his old expensive case away to the steward.

And just how heavy does he think a case is, surely just the weight alone would have told him something was wrong.

Hubby told me about the Costa ship. These journos do not know the difference between one ship and another. They'll just post any old photo. 

How are you Ron? I've been too busy to spend time on CC. Have either of you been on a South America cruise by the way. Looking at Fascinosa end of February. Only Lunenberg has replied to my ports entry 😩

Riana 

On 12/12/2018 at 10:25 PM, alicat58 said:

Hubby told me about the Costa ship. These journos do not know the difference between one ship and another. They'll just post any old photo. 

How are you Ron? I've been too busy to spend time on CC. Have either of you been on a South America cruise by the way. Looking at Fascinosa end of February. Only Lunenberg has replied to my ports entry 😩

Riana 

Hi Riana, on CC over the last few months I have been active on the River Cruise board, trying to help people on the Danube because of the very low river levels. As the levels are now much higher I have cut back my CC activity as I have so much to do.

Costa cruises to South America havenever interested me as I find the ports of call not being very interetsting - so no I can't help. Now a Cape Horn cruise is a totally different matter.

This year it's either a Scotland tour, or a Danube river cruise as we have it right before our nose.

Ron

Hi Ron

I fancy the river cruise destinations but not the actual boats. Too small, too few people. Will want to make friends! We saw a group at Giverny a few years ago. So old as well. Maybe in another 15 years or so.

Still have not made up our minds about South America.

Riana