transfer from port to Rome?

roupa

If you travel light and can haul your luggage 15-20 minutes you can take the train from Civi to Rome. This is what we do. The easiest way to get to Rome is with a private transfer. Rome Limo is a company often mentioned. I'm sure there are others. It's not as inexpensive as the train but less than a taxi.

19 minutes ago, roupa said:

Looking for suggestions on getting from ship to Rome ...staying there for 3 nights post cruise in June.

Check on your Roll Call.  I'm sure there are others disembarking in Civitavecchia and spending a few nights in Rome post-cruise.  That is probably the most economical other than taking the train.  

Just about all the transports use 9-pax vans.  It will easily take 3 couples.  Check on your Roll Call and get two other couples to share the cost with you.  Like one poster said, Rome Limo is one company, but there are other reliable ones if you do a search.

I use either RomeInLimo or Rome Cabs by Stephano. I have used their services many times. Never been disappointed. Cars and drivers are good. I will not use trains in Italy when I have luggage. Trains are a prime target for pick pockets and baggage thieves. Not worth the risk of being robbed.  I know too many people that have had problems. Also, in Italy there are strikes. I took a train from Livorno to Florence. Somewhere in an unknown place, the train suddenly stopped. We waited while there while there was a strike. We did not where we were and were  unsure when we would move. Tense?  Never again. Use a car service. Also, be aware that Rome has scheduled transportation stoppages to ease polution. During that time, no motor vehicles can move in Rome historic area. Fridays are the worst. 

3 hours ago, roupa said:

Looking for suggestions on getting from ship to Rome ...staying there for 3 nights post cruise in June.

I'm guessing we might be on the same Edge cruise ending in Rome and we will also be going from the port to Rome for 3 nights. Our plan is to take the train since we will be in no real hurry to get to the hotel as check in won't be until later and our hotel is within 2 blocks of Termini. I would think there will be a steady flow of people getting off the ship and making their way to the train station to either end up in Rome or continue on to FCO.  We will just follow along like a herd of cattle.

We normally book a car with Rome Cabs but recently we decided to take a two week EuroRail adventure at the end of our cruise.   

It is very easy to get to the train station.   They have a free shuttle from the port to a lot at the edge of town.   From there they have a shuttle bus for about 1-2 euros that drops you off directly in front of the train station.   Trains are frequent and very efficient taking you right into Rome.    Tickets can be purchased at multi lingual kiosks or from a real person at the ticket counter.   

You will find that in Italy all announcements are made in both English and Italian.   

The only warning I have is that you may have to drag your bags down and up steps to get to your platform.   I believe there is an elevator but never saw it.   In Rome they have escalators that make it easier.  

I have used Civitavecchia Shuttle Express 3 times; in 2017 from airport to Rome hotel, from hotel to port and in 2018 from airport to port. They are very professional with nice vehicles.  Each time we were sent an email with name and photo of driver and the drivers were waiting at airport with signs with our names. 

www.civitavecchiashuttleexpress.com