Non-Alcoholic Drinks On Windstar

Griller

We have had several voyages on WindSurf but it seems we haven't really totally understood how the included soft drinks works. 

We booked our first one through a well known  online travel agency  which advertises on its webpages that ALL non-alcoholic drinks are included.

However once on board WindSurf on our recent second cruise Maria - the bartender who likes to say "No", - we had a run-in with Maria on our first cruise regarding the non-availbility of diet soda,  - told us that for example Ginger Beer or Root Beer or anything other than basic soda is chargeable.

Does anyone have experience of what the official situation is regarding this? And does each ship consistently stick to the WS policy?

Maria was absolutely incorrect.  As of October 2011, "It is our pleasure to announce that we will begin offering complimentary soft beverages on all Windstar voyages starting this December! Bottled water, sparkling water, sodas, fresh juices, milk, fruit smoothies, tea, coffee, cappuccinos, lattes, mochas and espresso will all be complimentary fleet-wide."

I read that and was not sure whether something which is not a regular soda in a can or fountain beverage - like ginger beer in a bottle - would fall into the included category.

Anyway Maria wouldn't supply it without a charge,  we were already coping with other small problems on the voyage like flies in the cabin, flies on food in the buffet and flies on the Compass Rose scones and sandwiches,  bad water in the cabin, electrical problems in the cabin blowing up our devices, and then Bert the unfeasibly thin new Chef and the ultra thin sirloin steaks and not fresh squeezed OJ and no lobster at the deck BBQ.

We didn't want to get officially classed as serial complainers, but we felt like we were fast becoming in danger of that that so we did no more than mention these once to the crew and didn't keep complaining or take it to a higher level.

Maybe we should have? But I have known people banned from a cruiseline for complaining.

Don't get me wrong we did enjoy the cruise but there were those few small things which could have been sorted out but never were.

Edited by Griller

You should have handled the situation immediately by going to the Hotel Manager and complaining. I'm sure he would have had a quick word with Maria and you would have gotten any soft drink you wanted. I'm always surprised on these CC boards when I see people complaining here AFTER their cruises instead of doing something about their issues onboard.

4 hours ago, wripro said:

You should have handled the situation immediately by going to the Hotel Manager and complaining. I'm sure he would have had a quick word with Maria and you would have gotten any soft drink you wanted. I'm always surprised on these CC boards when I see people complaining here AFTER their cruises instead of doing something about their issues onboard.

I don't want a sneeze muffin or whatever the bartenders equivalent is.

I have read too many accounts of what they do to your drinks if you complain.

After we complained to the Hotel Manager about the new chef and the sirloin steak in the Amphora we made sure we did not eat in the Amphora again. It was only 3 nights and its no ordeal to eat in the other places.

19 hours ago, Griller said:

I don't want a sneeze muffin or whatever the bartenders equivalent is.

I have read too many accounts of what they do to your drinks if you complain.

After we complained to the Hotel Manager about the new chef and the sirloin steak in the Amphora we made sure we did not eat in the Amphora again. It was only 3 nights and its no ordeal to eat in the other places.

Well then, i guess you'll just have to suffer in silence until you get home and can complain here.