Amazing Evening February 11, 2019 Cuba

Arizonasunshine

3 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hi AZsunshine, I don't know the specific night but I have heard that all of our Cuba AzAmazing Evenings will take place in Havana this season due to having to tender ashore in Santiago de Cuba. 

Bonnie I just called Shore Excursions to see if I had to change the Tropicana Nightclub event that I had booked for Havana. She told me that the Amazing Evenings was in Santiago de Cuba. Don't want to start another firestorm, but I don't think that the answers are consistant.

18 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

Hi AZsunshine, I don't know the specific night but I have heard that all of our Cuba AzAmazing Evenings will take place in Havana this season due to having to tender ashore in Santiago de Cuba. 

Here's a quote from a poster on the Cuba board....

"There was no tendering for our December 10th 11th stop in Santiago. From our tour guide we are the first ship not tendering.  I guess we are lucky the pier is finally repaired."

They were on Oceania Sirena.

Good news!

Norris

• 4 weeks later...

Hi AZsunshine.. I'm on the same cruise and received the following on 12/22 from my travel agent:

We're excited to welcome your clients aboard the Azamara Journey for their 9-Night Cuba Intensive Voyage on February 11, 2019, to discover the history, beauty and cultural riches of Cuba. This voyage has been carefully planned to provide them with extra time ashore and countless opportunities to connect with the people and places that define Cuban heritage. With overnights in Havana, they'll stay longer so they can see, do, and experience more.

This letter is to inform you of an important change to our upcoming AzAmazing Evening Event:

Due to several logistic challenges in Santiago de Cuba on February 17th we had to move the location and date of our AzAmazing Evening. On a positive note, we were able to secure a one-of-a-kind event on February 13th in Havana. Watch in awe as the Lizt Alfonso Dance Cuba company perform their moving artistry in a setting that exudes elegance. The company's performances combine, in an original way, elements of flamenco, ballet, and contemporary dance with Spanish and Afro-Cuban rhythms. For those who enjoy dance, there's no finer place to experience it than the sensational city of Havana.

If your clients previously reserved the AzAmazing Evening in Santiago, they will automatically have a seat reserved in Havana. If they have signed up and do not wish to attend, they can also let our Shore Excursions team know once they're onboard. Guests wishing to attend our AzAmazing Evening who haven't signed up, may do so by logging into Voyage Planner, or by visiting our Shore Excursions Desk on Deck 4 once onboard.

Please be aware, that in accordance with regulations issued by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), your clients must participate in an approved daytime excursion on February 13th to be able to participate in our AzAmazing Evening that night. Chances are, they've already booked an excursion independently or through Azamara for our call in Havana. If so, they're good to go, as all tours booked through us fully satisfy OFAC requirements. However, if you haven't booked their daytime excursions for Havana yet, please do so as soon as possible.

In addition, we would like to inform all of our guests that have evening tours booked on February 13thwill need to be moved to February 12th to accommodate the change in programming. These include: 

• Tropicana Cabaret Extravaganza (N113)
  • Cabaret Parisien (N126)
  • Cafe Taberna (N129)
  • Cuban Jazz Night at La Zorra y El Cuervo (N156)
  • Panoramic Havana Night (N162)

We're excited to bring your clients the best of Cuba on their upcoming voyage. Should you have any questions, please call us at your convenience. 

For Individual Reservations: 1-877-222-2526; press menu option 1, then menu option 1, again

For Group Reservations: 1-800-556-8208; press menu option 1 

You can also visit our website for frequently ask questions regarding Cuba.

Thank you for choosing Azamara. We look forward to welcoming your clients aboard in Miami.

Warm regards,

Azamara Club Cruises

• 2 weeks later...

50thstate can you please post this on our roll call?  I found your post while skimming through Azamara threads. We have not received this information either by mail or email. We booked directly with Azamara. It may be post office problem as getting mail forwarded to Florida is not dependable 😡

Edited by Buckeye 6
Added info