Request decaf coke in Mini bar

JandKsVistas

1 minute ago, JandKsVistas said:

I have read on these Oceania forums that there is a special services email to request items not usually provided, but cannot seem to find it. I emailed Oceania coustomerservicea and got no reply   Help. 

Can you just wait until you are on board to request some DIet Coke?

GC

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

are you using a TA ?  get them to request  your preference  or call Oceania  

If you know that they don't stock it, then yes, do this.

We did this on our first Oceania cruise, for a couple of special requests, and everything was nicely waiting.

But it might depend upon supplies available at the port you sail out of.

GC

2 hours ago, Rob the Cruiser said:

That's odd. We had no problem getting decaf coke on Marina. Perhaps it was a language issue with your cabin attendant since the full name of the product is "Caffeine-Free Coca-Cola".

This is true. A request for "Coke Zero" may sometimes get a perplexed look from a new staff member. 

3 minutes ago, GICNJC said:

I do not drink cola, and usually drink diet non cola such as 7up, sprite, gingerale.  First cruise they found a few for our minifridge.  I made the request before the second cruise and all were diet non cola's.

'

This is the case - if one desires something a little out of the ordinary, one should request it ahead of time. Case in point, DW drinks Diet Caffeine Free Coke - not a standard item. Hence we always request it ahead and therefore receive it during the cruise.

23 minutes ago, GICNJC said:

I do not drink cola, and usually drink diet non cola such as 7up, sprite, gingerale.  First cruise they found a few for our minifridge.  I made the request before the second cruise and all were diet non cola's.

'

I usually drink ginger ale  not the diet stuff  & I have no problem getting it  onboard 

There is usually sprite  in the fridge as well

Maybe  in some areas it is harder to obtain some types of soda

I remember a few years ago FDR sating they ship everything  to the port  from the USA  whether that is still the case  I am not sure

we have had bottled water from Greece, Italy & USA 

I email specialservices@oceania before every sailing to request caffeine free diet drinks.  I list the names of  sodas- caffeine free  Diet Coke or Pepsi,  Sprite Zero, diet Sierra Mist.  Coke Zero is not caffeine free per the label but onboard staff may think it is. 

I have  always been accommodated and the room stewards replenish as needed. 

On one occasion in Polo I asked for diet, caffeine free soda.  Someone went to the storeroom to find it, which embarrassed me.   Lately I’ve noted the GDR and specialties generally have Sprite Zero. 

One problem you may be running into is that the word "diet' is not used on sugar free beverages in other parts of the world. I have been told that signifies a medically prescribed regimen. They use "coke light" as the correct label for what we call diet coke. Same with other products.

Mary