Captains club status and guaranteed rooms - any correlation?

pfcs2006

Hoping someone can help with this. Looking at taking my first celebrity cruise - but because of my diamond status on royal Caribbean I have elite status on celebrity’s captains club. I’m looking at booking a guaranteed veranda room as its $500 per person cheaper than choosing a room - significant savings. 

My question is - do they look at status when they assign your room? Really hoping to NOT get an obstructed view room and wondering if elite status might help that cause... 

Thanks! 

Status has nothing to do with what you get.  most of the partially obstructed staterooms are obstructed from looking down as there is a lifeboat below you.   However, based on the category of what they assign you, you can request that they change you to another stateroom (in the assigned category).  These requests are honored if there is an available stateroom.

Steve

We are going on Infinity, our 60 cruise (Elite Plus)for New Years & booked a Guarantee Oceanview room hoping to be upgraded to a balcony as there are so many rooms available & no such luck.  I just think it is computerized & no human looks at it.

• Like 1

I personally think CC status works against you.  I’ve worked my way to Elite and when booking a guarantee I’ve normally received a cabin one level higher than the lowest (2c for example).  I’ve run into first time X cruisers who also booked a guarantee and got a Concierge or higher cabin.  No proof that’s how it works but.....

On 12/11/2018 at 6:34 PM, pfcs2006 said:

Hoping someone can help with this.

My question is - do they look at status when they assign your room?  Thanks! 

I agree with others that USUALLY there is no correlation between Captain Club's status and room assignment.  But, there are exceptions.

I know someone that booked a suite guarantee , they were trying to check if they were assigned a room.  They were told it was "held" by Captain's Club.  A few days later, they were given a Royal Suite.  So, it does happen, just not often. 😊

Not sure how they assign cabins.  I have booked gty many times. You usually get the same category that you book. Once in awhile, you get a better cabin. You are saving money booking gty. I have never been assigned a bad cabin.  You are on the ship. My TA has asked me what location I would prefer.  Usually I get a cabin that is fine.   If location is really important, do not book a gty.