Breakfast in a dining room

caribill

Honestly, I believe that this has to be just a misunderstanding or misinterpretation.  I am fairly confident that in this increasingly connected world that such a sea change of onboard service would have generated a fire-storm of posting, accusations and calls for the heads of multiple Princess executives to roll.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't know anyone on that list but all of those email addresses that we now all have are a warning to everyone about what information you should (and SHOULDN'T) share on your Roll Call.

As far as the no breakfast - I have a feeling it's a miscommunication.

This wouldn't be the first time a rumor has started because a passenger misunderstood something.

• Like 2

I don't know anyone on that list but all of those email addresses that we now all have are a warning to everyone about what information you should (and SHOULDN'T) share on your Roll Call.

I agree which is why I never write my full email address on CC and also warn anyone who does on any Roll Call I have anything to do with to change theirs.

On 12/11/2018 at 6:59 PM, caribill said:

On the current Emerald Princess voyage from L.A. to Hawaii (and back), I have been told that so far they do not serve breakfast in a dining room. Has anyone seen this happening on any other Princess ship?

Also, lunch in a dining room on sea days is in the deack 6 aft dining room.

No.  Not true.  I have done this cruise many times and have always had breakfast and lunch in the MDR.  Even last year.

Good luck.

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947

6 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

No.  Not true.  I have done this cruise many times and have always had breakfast and lunch in the MDR.  Even last year.

Good luck.

I think that is the most relevant part of this, we are talking about possible changes since 4 Dec 2018

3 hours ago, caribill said:

I hope you are right.

As I said, I posted what a passenger on the current cruise told me.

Since you are in touch with that passenger please ask them to go to Guest Services to verify.

It IS true that breakfast has been in the aft dining room - maybe they aren't even aware that there IS an aft dining room if they are Anytime diners. It is only reachable by the aft elevators or a set of stairs that go nowhere else.

We'll be on the Pacific next week and I'll ask.

I have no idea what may be happening on this particular sailing, but everyone who thinks this is simply a miscommunication, please re-read post #22.  There is NO dining room option listed in the daily Patters for breakfast.  It is not a case of the onboard person not being able to find the correct dining room.

On 12/12/2018 at 11:06 PM, caribill said:

A person on the current cruise. I was sent a photo of the meal part of the Patter for a day and noticed that no dining room option was listed for breakfast. I asked was this an omission from the Patter that day and the response was that there is no breakfast in any dining room so far. I can only assume the person telling me that is accurate.

It was because I was told that there is no dining room breakfast on the current cruise that I asked if anyone else has seen this on any Princess ship. So far the replies indicate that so far it is only the Emerald and this may have just started. When I am on the Emerald soon I will definitely ask why if it is still not being offered.

As to what options are listed for breakfast:

Horizon Court Buffet

Cafe Caribe

Could you post the photo of the Patter?

One of the Club Class benefits is breakfast in the Club Class area of the MDR.  There probably isn’t room in Sabatini’s or the Crown Grill for both Club Class and Full Suites to have breakfast so there must be some breakfast served in one MDR.

I actually prefer getting a made to order omelet and some breakfast meats in the Horizon Court.

1 hour ago, chamima said:

Finally heard back from someone on the ship.

"Yes you can have breakfast in the dining rooms if you want, there is just no lunch."

This also is confusing. On every Princess cruise I have been on there has always been lunch on sea days, but no lunch on port days. So, is the poster saying no lunch any day or no lunch on port days?

We just got off of the Ruby 12/15.  There was breakfast/brunch and lunch served in DaVinci on sea days.   No lunch of course on port days.  I don’t recall what the patter said about breakfast.  Perhaps someone on board soon can check Princess Cravings on the Princess at Sea app as that seems to have the most current info?

I am on the Emerald right now. There is breakfast every morning in the Botticelli dining room. On sea days it's until 9:30 , and port days until 9. The same dining room is open for lunch on port days. I would have posted sooner, but internet on this ship has been terrible.

3 minutes ago, apeller said:

I am on the Emerald right now. There is breakfast every morning in the Botticelli dining room. On sea days it's until 9:30 , and port days until 9. The same dining room is open for lunch on port days. I would have posted sooner, but internet on this ship has been terrible.

This settles the long winding discussion. Meals are as they have been for the last 5 to 10 years.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, apeller said:

One correction is that lunch in the MDR is only on sea days and never on port days on any Princess cruise I have ever been aboard.  

We love breakfast in the MDR on sea days when we do not have to leave the ship for an excursion.