SHORT DIVINA REVIEW, duplicate thanks to CC

deliver42

We just got off the Divina after a 12 day cruise. Here are some of my thoughts of the cruise. It is not a detailed review as some have written. We were Aurea experience. 

Embarkation was a breeze. We got to the port around 11:00. Checked in in about 2 minutes, and being Aurea had priority boarding. After check in, we went directly on to the ship. Cabins weren't ready yet. They said around 1:30. There was a special lunch for Aurea in the Black Crab. We had Filet Mingion, which was a little small, but very good. Pardon the spelling. After lunch, we went to the cabin, which was ready then. 

It was our second time on the ship, the last being in 2015. There were changes (some good, some not so good). We went on MSC for something different. In 2015 there was a definite European flair, which in some ways has changed to Carnival. I put RCCL and NCL above it. We found the food quite good in the dining room, but the buffet was awful, especially for breakfast. The scramble eggs, which I believe were powdered, were so loose you could eat them with a straw. The buns and rolls were very good, but no different day to day. Lunch was also repetitive. The shows were good for the most part, though I really missed the Michael Jackson show from the earlier cruise.

The White Party, which was fantastic last time with a variety of music, has become a jumping contest to Latin music. Most of the passengers just watched, choosing not to get involved, including us. Big disappointment.

Overall, the cruise was very nice. Cartegena and Panama were great. Costa Rica didn't impress me, and if you take a tour there, skip the train ride. It was awful and very short. Definitely not worth it. The highlight was the Panama Canal and seeing the locks. For those who have sailed through the canal, or plan to, and wonder why the port fees are so high, here's the answer. it cost the ship $800,000.00 through the old locks, and $1,000,000.00 through the new locks.

Would I do MSC again? Yes if the price was right and the itinerary was acceptable. I booked the Meriviglia on board for 2020 in the Yacht club. A 7 day western to ports we haven't been to yet. From the people on board that have been they said it was much better than the Divina, but of course, that was in Europe, and it remains to be seen what they do to it here.

In finalizing, the crew was very attentitive and usually smiling. Always said hello when passing. Bar service was slow. Not because of the servers, but lack of bar tenders.

I hope I've given enough information to people planning a cruise on the Divina. If not, ask away, and I'll try to answer.

• Like 1