Flight tickets problems!

lovetoholiday

As is now 19 days till I sail and 17 days till I fly from London to Miami I called MSC yesterday to find out why my E ticket still hadn't arrived.  The lady I spoke to said she didn't know but would pass it on to the ticketing department and I should have it within an hour.

Today as there was still no sign of the email I called again and this time after a long time on hold the lady came back and said that the flight hadn't been ticketed, so she had passed it on to the right department and I should have them within the week!!!

Has anyone ever had this problem before and if so did it work out ok in the end?

I am going away for Christmas and come back just the day before I'm due to fly so I really wanted everything all organised and just ready to go when I get back.

Am I panicking for nothing???

I just went through an e-ticket experience myself yesterday.

The summary is that I had to create an account on the msc website with my email.  I also had to complete all of the check-in material.  After that my e-ticket was available to print from the website. 

Here are the things that had me stumped during the process:

1. Initially, I had logged into the website with my booking number and name.  I completed the check-in material.  There was no sign of where to find an e-ticket on the website.

2. After some time, it occurred to me maybe I needed to log in with my email address.  When I tried to log in with email, it said an account already existed with that address.  I had to follow the password reset routine to get my password setup and then I could actually log in with my email and new password.

3. At this point I saw a button for the e-ticket.  However, it was greyed out and I could not click it.  I went back through the check-in steps and realized that the system seemed to want me to enter our drivers license identification information.  I had already entered our passport information and the form said only one or the other was needed.  However, once I added the drivers license info for myself and my wife, the e-ticket button became available to click. 

At this point I had to print out the e-ticket at home.  Warning, the e-ticket printout 17 pages long.  Funny enough we ran out of paper and had to get more at the shop.

I think the UK site is different.  Never had any problems in the past they just emailed it out, but this is the first time I've had a cruise and flight package with them.. It was even booked while on board my last cruise so can't even blame a third party travel agent.

Glad you got yours sorted out though, and I will make sure I have plenty paper for when it finally does arrive.

Edited by lovetoholiday
spaces
  • Like 1