PREZIOSA - DRINKS PACKAGE INFO

smoothcruiser

On 12/13/2018 at 10:24 AM, Suzieanna said:

Does "All inclusive Bar" have a $ limit?  If it does not, why would a person want to upgrade from that to the Premium Package which does have a limit of $10 on it?

On non-Caribbean sailings the All Inclusive Restaurant & Bar also known as the Classic drink package had the vague limitation that it excluded "premium" choices, those drinks that MSC decided to mark with an asterisk on the old menus at the time.  In the Caribbean this was a bit more defined  as cocktails up to $8 and wines up to $7.50.  When MSC raised the on ship drink prices the Classic package officially would no longer cover 90% of the previously covered drinks, so MSC raised the limit to $10 to cover the same beverage choices and that is now the "Premium" package.  So your question is interesting because if MSC is going to continue grandfathering the Classic package to include the same Premium package beverage choices why would they even offer an upgrade to Premium?  If the current policy remains then to most people it would be a slight downgrade that costs $15pp/d.  Perhaps it is just stupidity and MSC feels since there is a higher dollar limit on paper they need to charge more for Premium than Classic cost. This makes no sense with the current reality that Classic is still getting a $10 (sometimes reported as up to $12) limit on the ships, and it's not like they're selling any more Classic packages.  Or perhaps it is a sign that this grandfathering policy might not be around for long.  MSC still will not respond to the specific question about how long Classic will be allowed drinks that are officially above it's price limitations, or that now can easily just be called premium on the new menus without asterisks.  Here I'm in reference to **** who is currently on Preziosa where mid cruise new bar menus were added and at first he was told none of the cocktails are covered than later was told only certain drinks are not included with his Classic package.  It seems a totally arbitrary decision as there's no price differences nor asterisks to identify what is or isn't covered.  Therefore easily changed at MSC's whim.

On 12/14/2018 at 7:13 AM, bryonrw said:

We booked the aurora package that includes the easy dink package. Does anyone know if Ice cream or gelato is included for the kids?

If you booked after November 12th then your Aurea Easy package nor any upgrade packages will include gelato.

1 hour ago, sidari said:

Notice the Deluxe code is different than that for the USA which is 536.

That is one overly complex chart.  Also interesting is no difference between old and new YC, they're under the same heading.  Non-Caribbean sailings with the 431 are limited to only Heineken in a bottle.  They will have a revolt if they try that with the US Caribbean version Classic package (534).  I think they possibly made a mistake: Wines with price over 10 Euro is marked for 431, I bet it is supposed to be wines under 10 Euro that was supposed to be marked.  Or does that mean wines between 10 and 13 Euro are included in 431?  Premium is only wines under 10 Euro.

14 minutes ago, Até said:

Non-Caribbean sailings with the 431 are limited to only Heineken in a bottle.  They will have a revolt if they try that with the US Caribbean version Classic package (534). 

There was also a heck of a difference in price between the All-Inclusive Restaurant & Bar Drinks package (known before as Allegrissimo) and the Classic package - hence the more limited items on the old Allegrissimo.

2 hours ago, tjwa said:

Not complex at all. The chart represents the interim period before drink codes 421 & 431 are finished.

Thank you for posting it.  I still say any cruise line that is honoring eight different drink packages at the same time is too complex.  And that is not even counting the Drinks On US, 534 or 536 packages.  I feel sorry for the bar staff.  Can you ask about the wines over 10 Euro for 431?

• Like 1

With the way in which MSC has introduced the changes, they have no alternative but to honour 8 different packages, until all the previously bought 421 & 431 have been used.

The bar staff coped very well indeed with the changes.

Wines over 10 euro not included in old 431.

13 hours ago, Até said:

Thank you for posting it.  I still say any cruise line that is honoring eight different drink packages at the same time is too complex.  And that is not even counting the Drinks On US, 534 or 536 packages.  I feel sorry for the bar staff.  Can you ask about the wines over 10 Euro for 431?

The bar staff simply swipe your card, which is embedded with whichever package you have....their system then determines whether a drink is chargeable or not, no rocket science required for bar staff.

Edited by hamrag

On 12/15/2018 at 11:52 AM, hamrag said:

The bar staff simply swipe your card, which is embedded with whichever package you have....their system then determines whether a drink is chargeable or not, no rocket science required for bar staff.

Wouldn't like to deal with a queue of people asking if a certain drink is included before ordering it or not though. Unless they swipe every order and when someone is told there is a charge, they cancel the order - nightmare!

I love the bit in the above chart that for the YC experience no Champagne above €13 is included but under the new Prem Plus 473 it is.

MSC at its best.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, electro said:

Thanks for posting this.

There is no mention here of scotch or cognac, do you know what is included in the all in deluxe as compared to the premium plus?

Thanks

Lois

Have you already bought the 'all in deluxe package'?

2 hours ago, tjwa said:

Yes i have mainly so could get better wines and Champagne by the glass which looks like now i can't will be very dissapointed if they do not cover these now all the drink menu prices have gone up. Still looking forward to cruise though on the 9th of January

6 hours ago, tjwa said:

Yes, but I'm wondering if I should change to the premium plus package. My DH is a scotch drinker so I'd like to know  what single malts are included in each package. We don't care about gelato.

Lois

Edited by electro

1 hour ago, electro said:

Yes, but I'm wondering if I should change to the premium plus package. My DH is a scotch drinker so I'd like to know  what single malts are included in each package. We don't care about gelato.

Lois

According to the comparison chart I downloaded, these are included in the Deluxe.

BRANDY & COGNAC
Cardinal Mendoza
Vecchia Romagna Etichetta Nera
Rémy Martin Prime Cellar No. 16 (premium)
Martell VSOP (premium)
Hennessy VS (premium)

WHISKY

Dewar’s White Label
Seagram’s 7 Crown
Johnnie Walker Red Label
Jameson Irish
Jim Beam Black Label
Fireball Cinnamon Whisky
Canadian Club
Crown Royal
Elijah Craig
Glenlivet Master Distiller’s Reserve (premium)
Woodford Reserve (premium)
Jameson Caskmates (premium)
Chivas Regal 12Y (premium)
Dewar’s Special Reserve 12y (premium)
Johnnie Walker Black Label 12Y (premium)
Maker’s Mark (premium)
Jack Daniel’s Old No. 7 Brand (premium)

These were excluded from the deluxe so may be included in the Premium Plus if still stocked after changes.

BRANDY & COGNAC

Rémy Martin Reserve Cellar No. 28 Selection (super premium)
Armagnac Janneau XO (super premium)

Yacht Club Only:

Martell XO (sold only in Yacht Club)
Courvoisier XO (sold only in Yacht Club)
Courvoisier Napoléon (sold only in Yacht Club)

WHISKY

Johnnie Walker Blue Label (super premium)
The Macallan Select Oak (super premium)
Mitcher’s Rye (super premium)
Chivas Regal 18Y (super premium)
Ardbeg Ten (super premium)
Bowmore Black Rock (super premium)

Yacht Club Only:
Chivas Regal Royal Salute 21Y (sold only in Yacht Club)
Booker’s (sold only in Yacht Club)
Knob Creek (sold only in Yacht Club)

I guess it could be different from ship to ship and bar to bar, I'm sure they won't we stocking all those in one bar.

Edited by ziggyuk