Buying a shore excursion for someone not in your cabin.

resetjet

I doubt they will allow this, but I thought I would ask.  We have two $50 per port, or $100 per port for sure excursions in our cabin.  If we wanted to use that money to book a trip for someone in a different cabin is that possible?.  In other words, bill to my cabin, I want to buy mr and mrs x a shore excursion because their nice people.  I assume they will make you just pay with a credit card and not put in on your cabin bill, or the $50 will end up not coming off.

Not possible to transfer your personal booking "perk" to someone else in a legal way, but I am sure if you are creative you let someone else take your place on the shore excursion you have booked.... BUT it is not like you get the money to use for shore excursions, you have to pre-pay the shore excursions that you want to do and pay the normal price. And AFTER the shore excursion is done (later that day probably) and you have participated, the shore excursion credit of $50 will be put as OBC on YOUR ship account. And just for the record, normally the shore excursion credit is $50 per cabin and not per person...

Edited by TrumpyNor

Phone the Shorex Office in Miami and book the shorex for you two.  (You realise that YOU will not be able to do shorex  yourselves on the SAME day!!)  You will get the tickets on board, just give them to your friends, we have never had the name checked when getting on a shorex vehicle.

The cost is debited to your folio on board and then, after the shorex is completed, you will have the $100 credited to your folio.

"And just for the record, normally the shore excursion credit is $50 per cabin and not per person..."

We actually doubled up on the shore excursions  We got 3 perks and used 2 of them for $50 each making it $100 which makes it more worthwhile.  However we will not be taking excursions at every port.  Our daughters in a different cabin may want to though.  They also have the $100 so if we booked one of them on a $100 trip and the other using the $100 available it would basically be included.  Of course we would have to pay first and get reimbursed.

The only issue you might is on an excursion where children pay less than adults and you have no children in your cabin. You would need to buy all adult tickets. When you purchase an excursion the tickets are delivered to your cabin. You just need to give the tickets and instructions to your friends. They will not be asked to prove they are you when they join the tour.