Post Cruise Day Hotel and Airport Taxi

sumat

Can anyone please give me contacts or suggestions on a day hotel stay on March 2 after the end of Cruise in Papeete? I tried to contact the Inter Continental Hotel and they only offer a day before booking with a noon check out at $410.00.  Would you suggest Taxi or what other type of transpotation is available?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Some have posted that they contacted the hotel directly and received a reasonable price for a day room.  I tried this past July and could not get one.  I am presuming that you, like I did, have arranged your own transport so the PG will not arrange this for you.  Taxi is the simple way to get to the hotel, whichever you get for the "day room".  You could try Fare Suisse, a very inexpensive and clean pension about a 15 minute walk from the dock.  While they would not have a day room that may charge you for one night ($100) and let you use it as a day room.  They include transport from the dock to their place and they include the ride to the airport as well.  If that works for you I would have them pick you up at the dock and then walk back a little later to see the town, check out the market and have dinner at the food trucks that set up at 6:00 pm (presuming your flight is a flight at about midnight).

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, jodiella said:

We paid $169 for a day room at the IC...we called directly. It includes transfers from the pier to the hotel and then from the hotel to the airport.  You can use the facilities too. 

We contacted the IC previously and they no longer offer a day room. Thank you though.

On 12/13/2018 at 5:36 AM, FlightMedic555 said:

Some have posted that they contacted the hotel directly and received a reasonable price for a day room.  I tried this past July and could not get one.  I am presuming that you, like I did, have arranged your own transport so the PG will not arrange this for you.  Taxi is the simple way to get to the hotel, whichever you get for the "day room".  You could try Fare Suisse, a very inexpensive and clean pension about a 15 minute walk from the dock.  While they would not have a day room that may charge you for one night ($100) and let you use it as a day room.  They include transport from the dock to their place and they include the ride to the airport as well.  If that works for you I would have them pick you up at the dock and then walk back a little later to see the town, check out the market and have dinner at the food trucks that set up at 6:00 pm (presuming your flight is a flight at about midnight).

You gave us the best advice, thank you. We booked a room at the Fare Suisse, very nice people to deal with and we are happy with this arrangement. You were right, IC no longer offers a day room. Thank you again.