Can Adventure Ocean Get Full

lizzy911

I am sailing during our spring break on the Anthem out of NYC with my children (ages 3 and 6). It is not a NY / NJ Spring Break week but from roll calls I know there will be a lot of children on board. Is there a risk of our children getting turned away at Adventure Ocean? Our tentative plan was most mornings they would go to AO, and about half of the evening after dinner they would go AO. Afternoons and some evenings with family. Wanted to mentally prepare my expectations. 

March 15-23. Looks like most spring breaks in New Jersey are the week before and most in New York are after. Obviously plenty of kids from other states though. It would not have occurred to me it missed the local spring breaks until they offered Kids Free and someone on the roll call mentioned it.

Yes it can get full. We were on anthem for "Jersey  Week" last year and there were over 1000 kids onboard.   You really have to see how many  kids are on your sailing.  To combat this get on line 10-15 minutes early. Or if you don't  want to do that, have the kids eat dinner with the adventure ocean staff. My Kids loved doing that.

• Like 1

It was full a lot on the Adventure in May. It was a kids sail free promotion for that sailing. I’ve never in 27 cruises experienced that amount of kids on a sailing. AO filled up really fast and I overhear a lot of complaints. We just lined up 10 minutes early for each session and my kids always got in. 

• Thanks 1

We sail with the kids two to three times a year on RCCL. We will experience it being full average one time on a cruise always at night. Usually just wait and should clear up. We sailed on Thanksgiving this year on the Liberty. 1700 kids and we were turned away at Voyagers just once. 

• Thanks 1

We just got off the Independence of the Seas Monday morning.  There were signs all over Adventure ocean warning us that once the rooms reached occupancy no more children would be admitted.  Aquanauts was 30 kids.  Voyagers & Explorers was 50 kids.  So they do have maximums depending on the size of the room on the ship.

I was on Independence for Thanksgiving so lots of kids. My daughter is 8 and AO was never crowded during the day. It seemed that most kids were at the pools and the slides. It was busier at night for sure but the latest I picked her up was probably 9 and there was never anywhere near 50 kids in there.

• Like 1