SiIde by Side

CHOPPERTESTER

Doing a side by side in Jan out of FLL on Kdam then NAdam. Does anyone have any advice or experience with side by sides?

I guess, get off Kdam as late as possible then trudge over to NAdam and wait for terminal to open?

NAdam is a Guarantee so we may not be able to print our luggage tags before we get on Kdam.

Side by side?  I'm guessing that is the same as a Back to Back (one cruise after another)

I'm guessing you are in FLL and trudging over isn't easy.  You'll most likely have to get in cab.  Get in before you tell them where you are going as they will most likely not be happy.

You could always take the cab, drop off your luggage and then get back in the cab and find a spot to enjoy or explore in FLL and return later too.

Hi Kazu,

Side to side same as a back to back but different ships ie side by side on the pier.

Seven ships in Port Everglades on 13 Jan. Koningsdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Carnival Conquest, Regal Princess, Adventure OTS, Harmony OTS & Celebrity Edge.

We'll have to check for pier placings a couple of days before the turnover but I think Kdam, NAdam and Edge will occupy piers 21, 25 & 26. Crossing my fingers for it to be walkable.

One of the HAL ships could be at 19.  Still walkable if you don't have tooooo much luggage. 

Or, one HAL ships could get 29. If that happens there should be a free shuttle running from the mid-port garage.

Edited by catl331

You can check at guest services while on the first cruise to see if they are going to offer transportation to the NA.  There are probably more than just yourselves doing the same thing...maybe check the roll call for the first cruise.

We did the same thing (only on Princess), and they had arranged a bus to transfer the passengers from one ship to the other.  Have to admit it ended up being more of a hassle than just taking the cab. 🙁

Hoping your's will be walkable.