Has anyone taken this tour?

austin_mommy

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2018 at 8:11 PM, austin_mommy said:

Someone had posted about this earlier on this forum but I didn't see a response. Has anyone had any experience with http://www.martiniqueexcursions.com/cruise-passengers-tour-details/martinique-north-island-tour/? We do not speak French and Martinique seems to have limited options.

Haven't tried this one but you should look at Karambole Tours.  The operator Christelle speaks perfect english. In fact she was previously an english teacher.  We are just back from our tour with her on Dec 14 and everyone just loved it.  She cooks up little local treats which she serves at each stop.  Nice, newer Mercedes van.  We took the tour called Pile et Face (Heads and Tails) and went to a waterfall, historic church, St Pierre, rum factory and stopped at a really nice beach on our way back for 30 minutes or so.  We so enjoyed this excursion.  One of the very best we have ever taken.  Look it up.  Highly recommend.

Jane

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/28/2018 at 4:12 PM, jabcruiser said:

Haven't tried this one but you should look at Karambole Tours.  The operator Christelle speaks perfect english. In fact she was previously an english teacher.  We are just back from our tour with her on Dec 14 and everyone just loved it.  She cooks up little local treats which she serves at each stop.  Nice, newer Mercedes van.  We took the tour called Pile et Face (Heads and Tails) and went to a waterfall, historic church, St Pierre, rum factory and stopped at a really nice beach on our way back for 30 minutes or so.  We so enjoyed this excursion.  One of the very best we have ever taken.  Look it up.  Highly recommend.

Jane

Just found this post, I did this exact same tour Pile et Face at about the exact same time last December. I thought it was going to be a nice tour for many reasons it exceeded my expectation's, that's doesn't happen very often. I was the only member of our CC Roll call that did this tour $100(US) best $$$ I spent and one of the highlights of my vacation. 

Of course the weather which was absolutely beautiful all day and vibe were awesome, Christelle is wonderful, it's an full day excursion. Only regret would have been enough time to go in town and hit a bar or two after the tour, other than that I highly recommend this tour especially for 1st time visitors as I was. Hope that helps Todd

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2019 at 10:13 AM, TTEllis said:

Just found this post, I did this exact same tour Pile et Face at about the exact same time last December. I thought it was going to be a nice tour for many reasons it exceeded my expectation's, that's doesn't happen very often. I was the only member of our CC Roll call that did this tour $100(US) best $$$ I spent and one of the highlights of my vacation. 

Of course the weather which was absolutely beautiful all day and vibe were awesome, Christelle is wonderful, it's an full day excursion. Only regret would have been enough time to go in town and hit a bar or two after the tour, other than that I highly recommend this tour especially for 1st time visitors as I was. Hope that helps Todd

Does anyone have links to this tour?

On 8/18/2019 at 10:13 AM, TTEllis said:

I just looked at a video, the roads look to be in good condition, I suffer from pretty extreme motion sickness (my patch helps).  Can you give me an idea of twist and turns... also, how many hours was the tour? 

5 hours ago, bulldogmommy said:

I just looked at a video, the roads look to be in good condition, I suffer from pretty extreme motion sickness (my patch helps).  Can you give me an idea of twist and turns... also, how many hours was the tour? 

Lots of twists and turns roads are nice, the tour is all day it was one of the highlights of my vacation.

Christelle at Karambola Tours Martinique.........have fun!!