Which wifi package

Johnny60

We are sailing on Fascination on Sunday.  Would like  to be able to keen touch with my daughter.  Is video chat not possible with the wifi package?  Could I use email.?  Don’t know which package would be best to purchase.  Thanks for any advice.

7 hours ago, boopsahoy said:

Thanks a lot.  I have read that but just not sure which package I should get.  Dont want to spend $15 per day just to send emails if I can get away with a lower package.  Wondered if anyone had any experience with using the packages.  Thanks for the reply.

We got the social package on the paradise in November. You can get on Facebook. But we used it to message on Facebook messenger. It’s like sending texts. Worked great keeping in touch with our son. It also allowed us to get on delta to check in for our flight. We had to use the computers on the ship to print out our boarding passes. Even though the price is higher now we will still get it on our next cruise.

30 minutes ago, 77sue said:

We got the social package on the paradise in November. You can get on Facebook. But we used it to message on Facebook messenger. It’s like sending texts. Worked great keeping in touch with our son. It also allowed us to get on delta to check in for our flight. We had to use the computers on the ship to print out our boarding passes. Even though the price is higher now we will still get it on our next cruise.

Ok thats helpful.  Think I will go with that and use messenger if it worked for you.  Thanks a lot

Get the package before you cruise, so you get the discount. Download the carnival hub app. Before cruising. Put your phone in airplane mode when you leave port. You can only use one device at a time, but it’s easy to switch. If you have any problems, just ask someone with a phone, most people know what they are doing. Not me, but I copied the directions from the website before we left. AND it all actually works. Have a great cruise!

2 hours ago, 77sue said:

Get the package before you cruise, so you get the discount. Download the carnival hub app. Before cruising. Put your phone in airplane mode when you leave port. You can only use one device at a time, but it’s easy to switch. If you have any problems, just ask someone with a phone, most people know what they are doing. Not me, but I copied the directions from the website before we left. AND it all actually works. Have a great cruise!

Thanks will purchase package today.  Glad it works.  Thanks

5 hours ago, 77sue said:

I thought you could download the HUB app and use it without paying for the wifi package(perperson perday). Somewhere I read it was $5 per device for the entire cruise, and you can use it to message other people that have the app.

Am I wrong?

19 minutes ago, RumpleSkilson said:

I thought you could download the HUB app and use it without paying for the wifi package(perperson perday). Somewhere I read it was $5 per device for the entire cruise, and you can use it to message other people that have the app.

Am I wrong?

The Hub App is free. The messaging is $5 per device

The hub app is free. The $5 per device is to text with others on the same cruise ship.    I have never used this. It is not the WiFi. The social  WiFi package is per day and only allows you access to Facebook, messenger and some airline sights.

• 4 weeks later...