Pre-cruise Concierge

Julma

We were in the DOS on Bliss in September.

Requests:

The bottles of liquor we wanted and mixers. This was all waiting for us on arrival which was nice.

Egg crate mattress toppers for both beds which were not needed. When we met our cabin steward he told us he hadn't put them on and to try out the beds first. If we still wanted them he would get them for us.

Shower seat. Also not needed. There was a window sill in the master shower to sit on.

Reader pillow. Not available.

I think that was about it. We sure loved our DOS. My mom and I hardly saw any of the ship because we enjoyed the cabin so much. LOL!

Enjoy!

Edited by Aprille

We are big water drinkers so requested a pitcher full be kept in our room, it was there when we boarded.

definitely any non-absurd request I would send:

Favorite type of tea, extra coffee pods, reservations, extra bedding/pillows, water/lemonade/iced tea. It is super nice having that small stuff ready and waiting. 

OP - being in a DOS you also get the unlimited in room water and soda.  You'll get a letter about 50 days out with the email address and phone number and luggage tags.  You can contact them anytime but they usually don't do a bunch of responding until closer to the actual trip for the in-room stuff.  We've been lucky the last two times they have had everything as requested in the room after many years of not (but no reading wedge pillow as I don't believe the exist although one person has reported getting one once - after they got off their unicorn).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

a few years ago you could request,  pre cruise or once onboard if in a suite, a "pillow menu", the pillows are too soft for me on our last cruise in Oct., wondering if firmer ones available.  Should have asked room steward, but  for some reason did not.

On 12/13/2018 at 6:21 AM, Julma said:

Have a Deluxe Owner Suite on the Pearl in January.  What are some of the requests people make of the concierge via email, pre-cruise?  TY

When we were in a DOS we requested extra bathroom towels as my DW and DD use 2 each at night.

Requested to have the champagne on ice in a chilling bucket along with orange juice for my DD mimosa's.

Requested the type of soda's, juices and water we wanted.

Requested the type of Alcohol that is included with that cabin.

Requested 2 extra pillows.

Requested an extra cooler with ice for the mixed drinks along with an ice scoop.

Requested a blender so my DD could make her blended drinks.

Request the fruit that my DD needed for her blended drinks.

Requested the 4 extra tall glasses for once again my DD's blended drinks.

Bring your list with you as sometimes it does not make it to the Butler and you just hand them the list and they will do what they can.

On 12/13/2018 at 7:21 AM, Julma said:

Have a Deluxe Owner Suite on the Pearl in January.  What are some of the requests people make of the concierge via email, pre-cruise?  TY

We find the pre-concierge pretty useless. We would rather engage directly with our butler and concierge on the ship to build that relationship for the cruise. There is nothing that the pre-concierge can do that a discussion on embarkation day can’t do better. 

43 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We find the pre-concierge pretty useless. We would rather engage directly with our butler and concierge on the ship to build that relationship for the cruise. There is nothing that the pre-concierge can do that a discussion on embarkation day can’t do better. 

Except if you're in an OS or DOS (which the OP is) it's nice to have your liquor and mixers waiting for you when the cabin is ready on embarkation day. We had plenty of face to face interaction with our butler and had a great relationship with her. Requesting items through pre-concierge takes nothing away from that. 

Edited by Aprille
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

a few years ago you could request,  pre cruise or once onboard if in a suite, a "pillow menu", the pillows are too soft for me on our last cruise in Oct., wondering if firmer ones available.  Should have asked room steward, but  for some reason did not.

They have all sorts now.

Edited by dexddd

We'll be in the DOS in February on the Jade. In addition to the drinks, can you request food snacks as well? Like cookies, candy or chips to be brought to your room in the afternoon? 

What about if we're feeling lazy and want lunch in our room? Do they have a menu for you to pick from, or do you just say "I want a grilled cheese sandwich with bacon, french fries, and chicken wings" and *poof* it's magically made and brought to you?

16 hours ago, Sailing12Away said:

We'll be in the DOS in February on the Jade. In addition to the drinks, can you request food snacks as well? Like cookies, candy or chips to be brought to your room in the afternoon? 

What about if we're feeling lazy and want lunch in our room? Do they have a menu for you to pick from, or do you just say "I want a grilled cheese sandwich with bacon, french fries, and chicken wings" and *poof* it's magically made and brought to you?

Those requests can be made directly with the Butler.

My DD likes popcorn so we have the Butler bring it every day.

Ask the Butler for all the restaurant menu's and they will leave the menu's in your cabin for the week. Some restuarants you may have to pay for.

You can make a request for something you have a taste for and if it can be done "POOF" it will be done.

You will be able to have breakfast, lunch and dinner served in your cabin at the times you request.

23 hours ago, Aprille said:

Except if you're in an OS or DOS (which the OP is) it's nice to have your liquor and mixers waiting for you when the cabin is ready on embarkation day. We had plenty of face to face interaction with our butler and had a great relationship with her. Requesting items through pre-concierge takes nothing away from that. 

Again, we find it a lot better to do this face-to-face with our butler so they know exactly what we want and why we want it. Less opportunity to be "disappointed" when things are not set up exactly the way we want. 

35 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Again, we find it a lot better to do this face-to-face with our butler so they know exactly what we want and why we want it. Less opportunity to be "disappointed" when things are not set up exactly the way we want. 

That is a kind way to excuse NCL's in place system that doesn't always work.  Fixing the problem between shoreside and ship would be the right thing to do as people often want to get things done ahead of time.

On 12/15/2018 at 11:03 AM, Relax@Sea said:

Those requests can be made directly with the Butler.

My DD likes popcorn so we have the Butler bring it every day.

Ask the Butler for all the restaurant menu's and they will leave the menu's in your cabin for the week. Some restuarants you may have to pay for.

You can make a request for something you have a taste for and if it can be done "POOF" it will be done.

You will be able to have breakfast, lunch and dinner served in your cabin at the times you request.

I know this questions has nothing to do with the thread but what does "DD" mean?

On 12/14/2018 at 9:27 AM, BirdTravels said:

Some like the pre-Concierge and some don't, it is just personal preference.  I love the idea of the pre-Concierge.  I just got off the Breakaway Sunday and everything I requested from the pre-Concierge was in my cabin upon embarkation and it saved me having to go over the items with the Butler on the first day. 

Edited by NLH Arizona

• 2 weeks later...

We just call (and I find that is the only way to get to anyone, emails are often ignored) and do the basics (pillow requests, bed toppers, clear refrigerator, add juices). Anything additional, small details, we would leave until we are onboard and let the butler know (there are rarely any additional needs however). We don’t consume much alcohol, so we aren’t picky about our glasswear. In prior threads on this or similar topics I have seen some responses that made me wonder if the people sailing had convinced themselves they are royalty 🤨😂

Does anyone remember the Holland America commercial where a silver-haired couple were onboard and discussing (in fairly irritating “high brow speak”) how they just couldn’t live without the butler and fresh roses in their room? I can still imagine it so it clearly was effective! There are definitely a few people who have reminded me of that couple!

P.S. some have mentioned soda, but the only type of soda and water in suites (including the Haven) was purchased. Bottled water and soda is an extra cost inside the suite, including those pre-stocked in the suite - the beverage package applies only outside the suite. Same for room service, except for breakfast there is a charge later in the day for juice brought from room service (although pitchers of juice can be added to your refrigerator and we usually add orange and cranberry). If there are Butler’s willing to break those rules, we have not run into them or met other Haven dwellers where that was the case. But we also don’t ask them to do things against guidelines so I can’t say how they may have reacted (just as a side note).  

Edited by 2Beeze

23 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

🤨😂

P.S. some have mentioned soda, but the only type of soda and water in suites (including the Haven) was purchased. Bottled water and soda is an extra cost inside the suite, including those pre-stocked in the suite - the beverage package applies only outside the suite. Same for room service, except for breakfast there is a charge later in the day for juice brought from room service (although pitchers of juice can be added to your refrigerator and we usually add orange and cranberry). If there are Butler’s willing to break those rules, we have not run into them or met other Haven dwellers where that was the case. But we also don’t ask them to do things against guidelines so I can’t say how they may have reacted (just as a side note).  

If you are in and Owners Suite, Deluxe Owners Suite, or Garden Villa the sodas and water in the cabin are included with those cabin categories so the Butlers are not breaking any rules.

3 minutes ago, Relax@Sea said:

If you are in and Owners Suite, Deluxe Owners Suite, or Garden Villa the sodas and water in the cabin are included with those cabin categories so the Butlers are not breaking any rules.

True. I simply wanted to make sure readers did not assume that was standard for what butlers do in general per the question  😊

Edited by 2Beeze

9 minutes ago, 2Beeze said:

True. I simply wanted to make sure readers did not assume that was standard for what butlers do in general per the question  😊

The OP was in a DOS so I believe the responses were addressing what that category offers them.

8 minutes ago, Relax@Sea said:

The OP was in a DOS so I believe the responses were addressing what that category offers them.

Again, I was trying to be clear based on some of the other responses so expectations were reasonable. Thanks and have a great day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2Beeze said:

Again, I was trying to be clear based on some of the other responses so expectations were reasonable. Thanks and have a great day.

Sorry was not trying to be confrontational, just was defending my responses. Have a great day too, and a Happy New Year.