NCL Airfare promo

amisup

Does anyone know how the airfare promo works ?

we are looking to do a NCL Alaska northbound cruise out of Vancouver to Seward in Jul 2019 but would like to spend some time in Vancouver and Alaska before and after the tour. If we select the airfare promo, does NCL pick the dates ? Are you at liberty to ask for alternative ? 

25 minutes ago, amisup said:

Does anyone know how the airfare promo works ?

we are looking to do a NCL Alaska northbound cruise out of Vancouver to Seward in Jul 2019 but would like to spend some time in Vancouver and Alaska before and after the tour. If we select the airfare promo, does NCL pick the dates ? Are you at liberty to ask for alternative ? 

From most comments/posts, there is no option to fly in early or stay later and use the free airfare.  You may can get one day out of it by booking a hotel pre or post cruise through NCL, but most people report no option to stay an extended time and use the airfare option.

No absolutely no option to change your flights.

You fly in day of cruise and depart on last day of cruise.

We did the air promo for our cruise on the breakaway in February and I asked to fly in early or leave later. The answer was a no deviations allowed on the promo.

We received our flight information a couple of days ago and it less than desirable. 38 minute connection time in Atlanta day of cruise departure and coming home we do not fly out until 7pm.

Edited by pixiedust777

How does the airfare work for a cruise embarking and disembarking in different cities? 

It only gives you the option to pick your airfare round trip?  They're still listed for the promotion even though it's not a closed loop cruise.

Edited by BarnCat1

2 hours ago, pixiedust777 said:

No absolutely no option to change your flights.

You fly in day of cruise and depart on last day of cruise.

We did the air promo for our cruise on the breakaway in February and I asked to fly in early or leave later. The answer was a no deviations allowed on the promo.

We received our flight information a couple of days ago and it less than desirable. 38 minute connection time in Atlanta day of cruise departure and coming home we do not fly out until 7pm.

So if you miss your connection and miss the departure of the cruise does NCL assume the cost of getting you to the first port since they're the ones that booked you on that last minute flight? Most people fly in the day before, which is smart. I can't believe NCL doesn't give you that option.

49 minutes ago, DaCruiseBug said:

So if you miss your connection and miss the departure of the cruise does NCL assume the cost of getting you to the first port since they're the ones that booked you on that last minute flight?

Most people fly in the day before, which is smart. I can't believe NCL doesn't give you that option.

same question

19 hours ago, DaCruiseBug said:

So if you miss your connection and miss the departure of the cruise does NCL assume the cost of getting you to the first port since they're the ones that booked you on that last minute flight? Most people fly in the day before, which is smart. I can't believe NCL doesn't give you that option.

The only information NCL would give me was if we ran into problems on the 7th (day of arrival/embarkation)to call them. 

However the nerve racking part at the bottom of the flight confirmation from NCL is-

Note: NCL is not responsible for any flight interruptions out of our control, such as airline flight cancellations, schedule change or weather interruptions, as stated in our brochure.

Deltas policy on missed connections is to book you on the next available flight to your destination that has seats available. There is only one other possible flight we could get on and get to New Orleans on time to make the cruise.

I am looking at booking a flight to New Orleans and just using our return flight home that NCL has booked.

1 hour ago, pixiedust777 said:

The only information NCL would give me was if we ran into problems on the 7th (day of arrival/embarkation)to call them. 

However the nerve racking part at the bottom of the flight confirmation from NCL is-

Note: NCL is not responsible for any flight interruptions out of our control, such as airline flight cancellations, schedule change or weather interruptions, as stated in our brochure.

Deltas policy on missed connections is to book you on the next available flight to your destination that has seats available. There is only one other possible flight we could get on and get to New Orleans on time to make the cruise.

I am looking at booking a flight to New Orleans and just using our return flight home that NCL has booked.

If ncl will book you one way home that’s about the only way it will work.  Airlines automatically cancel returns if first half is missed. 

On 12/14/2018 at 7:26 PM, littlelulu01 said:

If ncl will book you one way home that’s about the only way it will work.  Airlines automatically cancel returns if first half is missed. 

NCL will modify the flight to one way as long as we let them know.