Mardi Gras - Roller Coaster

Mikew0805

There is one with a video of if, and Christine Duffy showing off the actual cars. 

I would ride it too.. why not. I agree about the "being closed." When we boarded the Horizon on Dec 1st, there was a not in the cabin about sky ride being closed for the whole cruise. Luckily, they fixed it and opened it up on day 3 or 4. 

4 minutes ago, JaniceB said:

Mine exact thought too after the horizon sky ride.  I would ride.  I did the water coaster on Disney, fun!

Not the greatest thing I have read, but I guess they have to do it with the other lines doing similar.  

• Haha 1

I think it's a great idea, we loved the sky ride on vista, although I think a water-coaster like Disney aqua duck would of maybe been a better idea, enclosed and then much less effected by wind/weather....looking forward to see what else the mega-Madrid gras will bring!  Can't wait for itinieries to come out, we will be booking!

• Like 1

When cruise lines started introducing things like water parks, zip lines, rock climbing walls, etc, I used to roll my eyes thinking that I’d never use any of these facilities. But now, with children who love thrill rides, we seek cruise ships that do offer innovative types of entertainment like this one. Mardi Gras may be in our future. Can’t wait to see my son’s reaction when he gets home from school today  and I show him this rollercoaster. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BoDidly said:

I don't see this happening.  The track is to close to the stack. There would be soot buildup on the track ,maintenance would become a nightmare over a period of time.

I thought the same too... but then I saw the video with Christine Duffy. Yeah, I think it is happening. 

51 minutes ago, BoDidly said:

I don't see this happening.  The track is to close to the stack. There would be soot buildup on the track ,maintenance would become a nightmare over a period of time.

Wouldn't there be a lot less soot on a LNG powered ship? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Hey bud... remember when you told me Carnival is nothing like an amusement park at sea? I have news for you.

I remember John Heald made this comment at one time. Heald also stated there would be no Carnival mega ships as he was throwing off on Royal.

Edited by BoDidly
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, BoDidly said:

I remember John Heald made this comment at one time. Heald also stated there would be no Carnival mega ships as he was throwing off on Royal.

This is also true, clearly had to go there to compete in that market.  Not my cup of tea....but I will sail on her to confirm.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

I remember that also. Funny how things change 🙂

Keep up with the industry or suffer a slow death. We’ve seen what happens to companies that refuse to evolve. Blockbuster Video....? 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tapi said:

Keep up with the industry or suffer a slow death. We’ve seen what happens to companies that refuse to evolve. Blockbuster Video....? 😉

True enough, I fear before to long the ships will never go places, just pull away from the pier....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

The first thought that came to my mind was how often will this ride be closed. 

The rides close for the safety of the guests. Maybe they are a little over cautious, but big seas or too much wind can make the rides dangerous

2 hours ago, BoDidly said:

Carnival put it on their FB page just to mess with your mind?

"Hey, that roller-coaster thing?  Once we looked into building it, it was too close to the stack, so nevermind."

This is one roller-coaster I might right.