Fort Lauderdale airport

Preziosa

No problem if there are not disembarkation delays.  It is about a 45-55 min ride from the port to FLL.  Uber and Lyft charge about $40 (for the vehicle) with taxis charging more.  There are also some transfer services.  You would want to request an early disembarkation time to allow a good margin for delays.

Hank

4 hours ago, Preziosa said:

Do MSC offer transfer to Fort Lauderdale airport..

Yes they do.  It was pretty pricey though.   Like $50, maybe even $75 per person, sorry I can't remember now.  I also read that you may have to wait a while for others.    Even a private taxi would be cheaper and faster.  I've used Uber many times now with no significant problems.

Edited by Até

I'd never recommend it, but we made an 8:35am flight out of FLL when we sailed on the Divina out of Miami. We were taking a later flight, but as we were on our way to FLL and I realized that we'd be there by 7:30am, I looked up the earlier flight and got us on the standby list. By the way, we used Uber and this was part of the reason why we made it to the airport so quickly. It literally took 60 seconds from the moment I requested the ride until our driver pulled up. In the meantime, the queue for taxis was 20-30 deep.

22 minutes ago, ikea logistics said:

you must have docked fairly early compared to what time you should have docked

The itinerary showed 7:00am, but we were docked about an hour earlier. When we entered Government Cut around 5:30am, that’s when I started brainstorming about getting on the earlier flight. 

good to know we are going on seaside next june and are planning to get a flight from miami international to washington that takes off at 11.15 so we will go for the express checkout where you can get off early with you carrying your own bags

2 hours ago, Linda the Book Lover said:

Sounds like a good time and also allows for a comfortable breakfast.

Thank you!   My motto has always been to never book my flight home before noon after a cruise. But my choices were 11:45 am or 5:30 pm.  Decided to go for it.