MSC have changed our hotel

lovetoholiday

We booked our upcoming New Year cruise with the future cruise consultant on our last cruise as a Fly, cruise package with a 2 night stay in Miami before the cruise.  At the time of booking I asked if it would be an airport hotel and was told, that no it was the Hilton Miami Downtown. Excellent we thought great for getting around with the Metromover close by, and I have stayed near there before and it's great to be able to see the ships in port.

Tonight I got a revised booking confirmation from MSC (still waiting for E-tickets) which showed that they have changed the hotel to Hilton Miami Airport.  The email came in just as their office closed for the night, so have been unable to contact them.

Do you think there would be any chance that they would change it back if I ask?  Or am I being stupid even thinking that???

2 hours ago, lovetoholiday said:

We booked our upcoming New Year cruise with the future cruise consultant on our last cruise as a Fly, cruise package with a 2 night stay in Miami before the cruise.  At the time of booking I asked if it would be an airport hotel and was told, that no it was the Hilton Miami Downtown. Excellent we thought great for getting around with the Metromover close by, and I have stayed near there before and it's great to be able to see the ships in port.

Tonight I got a revised booking confirmation from MSC (still waiting for E-tickets) which showed that they have changed the hotel to Hilton Miami Airport.  The email came in just as their office closed for the night, so have been unable to contact them.

Do you think there would be any chance that they would change it back if I ask?  Or am I being stupid even thinking that???

You absolutely should ask them to change your hotel....the airport is fine for 1 night, as you would be going to port in the morning, but not for 2....there may be an additional charge, as they wont take into account what the future cruise consultant had to say! Agree that area in Downtown is an excellent location.