Platinum Plus Priority Perks

candydane

3 hours ago, candydane said:

I will be Platinum Plus on our cruise in January on the Gem from San Pedro.

What will priority check in and boarding and tenders actually give us?

Here is the LINK to illustrate the differences:

https://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program

Differences:

5% additional discount on Shore Excursions

2nd bottle of water in cabin

30 minutes additional internet time

Dinner with Officers

Priority seating Restaurants and Shows

-priority for boarding and tendering NO difference same as platinum

Frankly nothing to write home about - these days everyone has some degree of NCL priority only in the suites is it

actually worth something.

Priority for tendering go to Guest Services and most anyone can get the paper coupon for one reason or another.

On a NCL SX definite priority.

1 hour ago, candydane said:

Thanks.  We've been in suites for years until now so wasn't sure what to expect.  Sounds like no difference from everyone else. Bummer.

NCL Latitudes is horrible.

They clearly and consistently demonstrate that they don't care about their most frequent travelers (and this is coming from a Platinum Plus member). On RCCL, you get the diamond lounge and happy hour. NCL you get a dinner with the photography manager (at least, that was who we got last cruise). They don't honor priority dining seating, good luck if you ever want to talk to the concierge and you are a lowly Platinum Plus member, priority seating,,,, yeah right. 

Edited by BirdTravels

are Platinum Plus,  Oct. 2018, we were  also in the Haven on the Bliss.  We used one dinner voucher at Le Bistro. upon entering there was a nice table with view available, we were seated in the worse table in my opinion in the restaurant.  I observed for 45 minutes the "good table with view" available.    the Restaurant Captain, for lack of better known title, came and asked us how dinner was.  I did tell him I thought we were given our table due to having a voucher for dinner.  Of course said no way, explained what I observed.   Had finished dinner, on our way, and still did tip server, she was not responsible for our table selection.  So no dining priority for us.  

Edited by NW Pacific
mis spell word

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

They don't honor priority dining seating, good luck if you ever want to talk to the concierge and you are a lowly Platinum Plus member, priority seating,,,,

This has been our experience too.  We have been Platinum Plus since the group was created. 

10 hours ago, candydane said:

Thanks.  We've been in suites for years until now so wasn't sure what to expect.  Sounds like no difference from everyone else.

Bummer.

There should be a difference from everybody else, although it does depend a bit depending on embarkation port (and I’m sure some other factors).

Ever since the latitudes rules last year we have received priority boarding, being just after suites, CAS and disabled. On a couple of occasions we have also had a separate waiting area.

Im pretty sure that applies to platinums as well, but it is certainly not the same as everybody else.

i think the problem can be if there are lots of platinums or above on a cruise so the number can’t be handled. That is probably more likely in places like Miami.

5 hours ago, NW Pacific said:

are Platinum Plus,  Oct. 2018, we were  also in the Haven on the Bliss.  We used one dinner voucher at Le Bistro. upon entering there was a nice table with view available, we were seated in the worse table in my opinion in the restaurant.  I observed for 45 minutes the "good table with view" available.    the Restaurant Captain, for lack of better known title, came and asked us how dinner was.  I did tell him I thought we were given our table due to having a voucher for dinner.  Of course said no way, explained what I observed.   Had finished dinner, on our way, and still did tip server, she was not responsible for our table selection.  So no dining priority for us.  

Next time simply ask the Host/Hostess Maitre D if that table is not reserved may we be seated there or tell them you

would like a table with a view and not near swing galley doors - the main entrance where everyone samples your food

for you - the dirty dishes recycle cart - - - ASK if the answer is no then maybe a wait of few minutes would be in order

for better seating ! Another thing that you could do is checking out the seating in advance and make a specific reservation

for a suitable table location. Otherwise taking what is offered is what you get - don't be that person ! ASK !

A dining voucher should be evident that one is of Platinum or better guest class !

40 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

There should be a difference from everybody else, although it does depend a bit depending on embarkation port (and I’m sure some other factors).

Ever since the latitudes rules last year we have received priority boarding, being just after suites, CAS and disabled. On a couple of occasions we have also had a separate waiting area.

Im pretty sure that applies to platinums as well, but it is certainly not the same as everybody else.

i think the problem can be if there are lots of platinums or above on a cruise so the number can’t be handled. That is probably more likely in places like Miami.

As each day goes by more and more NCL guests are achieving the Platinum Rewards status - recently the program

was changed with new categories of Platinum Plus and Ambassador.

Formerly with the 9 month booking awarding addition points to the guests Rewards account it was very easy to get

to the platinum level in as few as 3 cruises i.e. 14 day Panama Canal cruise in a suite - booked 9 months out - insider

promo offer and the basic one night point - 14+14+14+14 =s 56 points two cruises like that and Platinum was in the

bag. Discontinuing the 9 month booking points and this cruise becomes 14+14+14 =s 42 do this three times and Platinum

is easily achieved and one is well on the way to the Platinum Plus ! The Ambassador point threshold of 700 points now

that is going to take some doing - but is it worth it to get a few more ding-dongs minutes on the internet - a bottle of bubbly -

another bottle of NCL precious water - oh and a free cruise - 100 7 night cruises to get one free one ?

The caliber of these rewards status may not stack up against some other cruise lines but it is what NCL is offering.

One other perk, is you can get into Headliner's comedy shows without having to make a reservation...when you arrive at the door, you can get in the 'reserved' line, instead of the 'standby' line.

Not much, but it is something.  

Someone compared Platinum with 'Diamond' on RCI...as I am a non-drinker, I much prefer the four free specialty dinners, and the free bag of laundry to the free "Happy Hour"....ymmv....

2 hours ago, bob brown said:

I much prefer the four free specialty dinners

Under the strict interpretation of the latest Plat / Plat Plus Ts & Cs the dinner benefits are per stateroom not per member. If you have been getting two full packages (each with two dining certs) in your room at embarkation that is a definite added bonus. You would also then have a free bag of laundry x2.

2 hours ago, cdnsteelman said:

Under the strict interpretation of the latest Plat / Plat Plus Ts & Cs the dinner benefits are per stateroom not per member. If you have been getting two full packages (each with two dining certs) in your room at embarkation that is a definite added bonus. You would also then have a free bag of laundry x2.

1 hour ago, cheersforbeers said:

CD,

i might be wrong but I think they we referring to 4 as 2 per person in a cabin..IMHO

I cruise solo.  NCL will no longer 'split' the two coupon's for dinner for two, but I 'work around' that by sharing each other's coupons with another Platinum that I meet at the solo traveler's get-together...:classic_cool:

11 hours ago, bob brown said:

One other perk, is you can get into Headliner's comedy shows without having to make a reservation...when you arrive at the door, you can get in the 'reserved' line, instead of the 'standby' line.

Not much, but it is something.  

Someone compared Platinum with 'Diamond' on RCI...as I am a non-drinker, I much prefer the four free specialty dinners, and the free bag of laundry to the free "Happy Hour"....ymmv....

Any idea if the same perk applies for the main shows ?