Which Fjord Cruise

kristmay

Hi Everyone! I'm having a difficult time choosing between two cruises.  I'm currently booked in a corner aft cabin with a large balcony (deck 10) on RCI Explorer of the Seas for $4,145 with $100 OBC.  I can get a regular balcony cabin on Celebrity Silhouette for $3900, but I would also get $700 OBC, prepaid gratuities, free internet and free beverage package.  

Explorer of the Seas is 8 nights with stops in Bergen, Flam, Geiranger, Alesund and Stavenger.  

Silhouette is 7 nights with the same itinerary, except it doesn't stop in Geiranger. 

Should I stick with with what I have because of the corner aft cabin and the stop in Geiranger, or should I switch to the Silhouette because of all of the bonuses?  

I've never sailed with either line before, so I have nothing to compare to.  

We also chose our cruise based upon the fact that we wanted to visit both Geiranger and Flam.  And they were two of the highlights of our cruise (Olden was the third, with the Loen Sykylift and Briksdal Glacier). 

In Flam, we loved the Flam railway, and also visiting the goat farm.  

Geiranger had a lot of spectacular viewing spots, although the road to the skywalk is seasonal, opening between May 15- early June.

The other thing to consider is that quite frankly, the weather in Norway can be tough.  So another port gives you another shot at seeing some of Norway's beautiful nature (it was so rainy and foggy in Bergen we couldn't see anything from the funicular).

Our cruise that visited both cities and was 7 days was Cunard, but I don't know if they have another combination like that this year that would work for you.  Best of luck. 

47 minutes ago, kitkat343 said:

We also chose our cruise based upon the fact that we wanted to visit both Geiranger and Flam.  And they were two of the highlights of our cruise (Olden was the third, with the Loen Sykylift and Briksdal Glacier). 

In Flam, we loved the Flam railway, and also visiting the goat farm.  

Geiranger had a lot of spectacular viewing spots, although the road to the skywalk is seasonal, opening between May 15- early June.

The other thing to consider is that quite frankly, the weather in Norway can be tough.  So another port gives you another shot at seeing some of Norway's beautiful nature (it was so rainy and foggy in Bergen we couldn't see anything from the funicular).

Our cruise that visited both cities and was 7 days was Cunard, but I don't know if they have another combination like that this year that would work for you.  Best of luck. 

That was my thinking as well. We've decided to stick with 8 night itinerary.  We have the perfect cabin for viewing the fjords, and the extra day gives us another opportunity for scenery if the weather is bad in some of the ports.  We're not so concerned about the ship for this trip.  It's all about the scenery for us.