Does Celebrity Solstice still produce paper copy, daily newsletters?

lovedecruise

In a couple of Solstice reviews, it has mentioned that Celebrity has been cost-cutting and don't print a daily newsletter.  Can anyone sailing on her at present, please confirm if this is correct.  Many thanks.

PS I have posted this question on the Aust/NZ board as well

Not sure what you were asking about. The daily events calendar “Celebrity Today” is still published and placed on your bed each evening with the activities of the Following day. If you are asking about the newspaper, like USA today, Canada today, Mexico Hoy, Australia today, which you used to be able to pick up at guest relations, no they no longer print those .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

It was a four- or six- page digest of the news, including some sports scores, high/lo temps of selected cities, headline stories.   Gone now.

It was also produced in at least 4 languages.     I for one don't miss it.  It use to be delivered to my room daily and I would generally toss it in the bin as it was usually 1-2 days old news.

• Thanks 1

We haven't been on the Solstice since 2016 when we spent a month onboard.  But the interactive feature on the TV had news from the entire world in several languages.  The section in English for North America would have 100 or so current news stories.  We found it much preferable to the six page stale news digest.  

22 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

We haven't been on the Solstice since 2016 when we spent a month onboard.  But the interactive feature on the TV had news from the entire world in several languages.  The section in English for North America would have 100 or so current news stories.  We found it much preferable to the six page stale news digest.  

We got off the Eclipse last Sunday and there are no daily papers or daily news on the TV. When I asked about it at Guest Services I was told that they have added more stations on the TV. It didn’t look to me like they added more stations and for those of us who aren’t from the U.S. of the U.K., I guess we can get the news when we get home. How much does it cost to put the news on the TV?

There were no daily newspapers.  And the Celebrity news channel  did not change from day one.  

We do miss the daily newspapers from different countries.  Interesting stories.

Edited by keesar

Just got off the Equionix. There were no daily papers.  Pursers desk said it was a company wide cut. Just one of many.  We have 17 cruises on X and are 127 points away from Elite Plus.   That said we are looking at HAL more and more as a line of choice.  

The only reason we don’t do HAL more is my DW thinks she has a better availability of gluten free foods.  

The reason to save money is a joke.  Every rooms gets papers on art auctions, jewelry sales, watch sales, etc.   They told me to check the Celebrity news channel.  It had the same news day after day and did not change.  Had to watch tv to get some news.

I get not printing but really missed the daily news on TV.  Got the same answer about more news stations.  Not the same as a recap of what is happening in the world. The news stations are mostly talk and not much update.  Also, these stations seemed to have replaced entertainment content as we previously had - even in on our Mediterranean cruise in October. 

On 12/14/2018 at 11:41 AM, lovedecruise said:

In a couple of Solstice reviews, it has mentioned that Celebrity has been cost-cutting and don't print a daily newsletter.  Can anyone sailing on her at present, please confirm if this is correct.  Many thanks.

PS I have posted this question on the Aust/NZ board as well

They eliminated the daily newspapers, supposedly to save paper.

So to make up for that, we are now receiving even more of those annoying advertising flyers than ever before. 

(Their excuse is that the advertising flyers come from the shops on board, not from Celebrity.)