Disney's Wonder 7-day Very Merrytime Cruise - 12/7 to 12/14

iggy's mom

DH and I were on the 12/7 - 12/14 cruise on the Wonder out of Galveston.  I usually have big plans of doing a full on review, get started with it, and then real life gets in the way and I never finish the review.  So, if you have any questions, I would be more than happy to try to answer them.

This is our 3rd year in a row of doing this cruise, basically the same week.  We love being able to drive to the port, and the Wonder is our favorite ship, although we have only been on the two classic ships.  Disney bucket list is to book one of the big ships, in the next couple of years.

We were Concierge, in room 8546.  We were to have 3 ports on this cruise (Nassau, Key West, and Castaway Cay), however due to weather we missed Castaway Cay.  The Captain tried twice to dock, but mother nature and safety won out.  Despite the missed port, we had a fantastic cruise and will be back again next year!  :)

Clair

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Dream when you were docked in Nassau. I couldn't believe we docked right next to another Disney Ship..and The Wonder of All ships. We'll be sailing on her in 44 more days. That day in Nassau was a chilly one. Oddly enough it was 71 degrees but that wind made it feel like 55.

I am glad you had a good cruise, but sorry you missed Castaway Cay. Fear of the weather not being warm enough is one of the main reasons I have been reluctant to try a Merry Time cruise. Did you find enough to do on the ship given the weather?

On 1/2/2019 at 1:28 AM, Stratus22 said:

We were on the Dream when you were docked in Nassau. I couldn't believe we docked right next to another Disney Ship..and The Wonder of All ships. We'll be sailing on her in 44 more days. That day in Nassau was a chilly one. Oddly enough it was 71 degrees but that wind made it feel like 55.

Hope you enjoy the Wonder!  

7 hours ago, bcakes said:

I am glad you had a good cruise, but sorry you missed Castaway Cay. Fear of the weather not being warm enough is one of the main reasons I have been reluctant to try a Merry Time cruise. Did you find enough to do on the ship given the weather?

Yes, I always had enough to do on the ship.  My husband likes to veg, read books, and basically lounge, whereas I like to join the ship activities, take in a movie, or find a chair up on deck and read.  On cruises, I usually wish I had a few more hours in each day.  :)

If you are looking for a warm weather cruise, this one might not be for you.  We have done the Merrytime cruise 4 times (5th time coming up in late November) and we personally like the cooler temps vs the blazing heat and humidity of the summer.  Out of the four Merrytime cruises, we've only had one (the 2nd) that we really considered the weather to be miserable as it rained every day and was very cold all day, every day.  

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:49 PM, iggy's mom said:

Yes, I always had enough to do on the ship.  My husband likes to veg, read books, and basically lounge, whereas I like to join the ship activities, take in a movie, or find a chair up on deck and read.  On cruises, I usually wish I had a few more hours in each day.  :)

If you are looking for a warm weather cruise, this one might not be for you.  We have done the Merrytime cruise 4 times (5th time coming up in late November) and we personally like the cooler temps vs the blazing heat and humidity of the summer.  Out of the four Merrytime cruises, we've only had one (the 2nd) that we really considered the weather to be miserable as it rained every day and was very cold all day, every day.  

We actually are considering a cruise next November. We always cruise in January besides other times of the year as well but have to stop cruising in January because my kids are now getting into the higher grades. We love the cooler temps as well.