Is This a Good Norway Cruise Itineary?

mnocket

I'm looking at an MSC Norway cruise in 2020, but am a little concerned about the itinerary.  It doesn't visit Bergen, Flam or Geiranger - all of which I understand are highly recommended. It does go to the North Cape and Longyearbyen  which I really want to see.  Will this itinerary still give us a good fjord experience?  Thanks for any input.

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVAL DEPARTURE ACTIVITY*
1 Fri, Jul 10, 2020 - 10:00 PM Docked
2 Sat, Jul 11, 2020 At Sea - - -
3 Sun, Jul 12, 2020 3:00 PM 10:00 PM Docked
4 Mon, Jul 13, 2020 At Sea - - -
5 Tue, Jul 14, 2020 2:00 PM 10:00 PM Docked
6 Wed, Jul 15, 2020 9:00 AM - Docked/Tender
7 Thu, Jul 16, 2020 - 2:00 AM Docked/Tender
8 Fri, Jul 17, 2020 At Sea - - -
9 Sat, Jul 18, 2020 8:00 AM 10:00 PM Docked/Tender
10 Sun, Jul 19, 2020 At Sea - - -
11 Mon, Jul 20, 2020 At Sea - - -
12 Tue, Jul 21, 2020 8:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked/Tender
13 Wed, Jul 22, 2020 12:00 PM 9:00 PM Docked
14 Thu, Jul 23, 2020 At Sea - - -
15 Fri, Jul 24, 2020 6:00 AM - Docked

2 hours ago, hallasm said:

I partly replied to your question in  this thread where you also posted the questions

Olden is in a Fjord - Molde partly and from Stavanger you will have the possibility of Fjord excursion. so yes when Svalbard and North Cape also has your priority.

Thanks for your response.  Sounds like a reasonable compromise given that we want to visit the far north as well.  Sorry about the duplicate posts.  I didn't know if I could delete the prior post.

Check out repositioning cruises on ships which spend the southern summer in Antarctica and the northern summer in the high arctic.

This year we are going on G Adventures ship Expedition which has a trip starting in Bergen and going in and out the coast all the way up to Longyearbyen. All excursions, including the Flam railway, are included.

https://www.gadventures.com/trips/norwegian-fjords-arctic-discovery/XVBLNX/

http://www.traveltothepoles.com/arc-ships.html

Olden, Flam and Geiranger were my three favorite stops (we did the fjords, not traveling north).  In Olden, the Loen skylift was amazing.  The Briskdal glacier has been hit hard by global warming, but the drive there was beautiful, as was the hike to the glacier.  As long as you understand the glacier itself isn't the highlight, you'll really enjoy your visit there.

I love Svalbard, and my first visit was a cruise port call. If you book this trip, check early to see what excursions are available. Longyearbyen is tiny, and you’ll want to get out of town. However, it’s illegal to leave town without an armed guide! If the cruiseline isn’t offering any out-of-town excursions (ours didn’t), check out sites like visitsvalbard.com and book something yourself.

The museum and town are interesting since it’s such a unique place to live, but I’d recommend a hiking trip or sightseeing cruise so that you can see a bit more.