Is the excursions desk still down by the front office?

POA1

1 minute ago, POA1 said:

Is the desk for booking excursions still in its usual spot, or has it been moved on ships with the EXC in the Crow's Nest? 

On Westerdam it has been moved to the Crow's Nest as part of the "EXC experience" On K-dam it's still on Deck 1. Enjoy your vac Brian!

3 hours ago, POA1 said:

Is the desk for booking excursions still in its usual spot, or has it been moved on ships with the EXC in the Crow's Nest? 

After looking at the various deck plans, it looks like only Noordam still has the shorex desk (now called EXC tours) on Deck 1 across from Guest Services. K-dam could possibly still have it there (it shows on the deck plan) but I'm not 100% sure if that is still accurate after her recently completed dry-dock. It, shorex on Deck 1 (or 2), just might be a thing of the past on the Vistas and larger ships, with the last one, Noordam scheduled for dry-dock next year and a potential move to the Crow's Nest for her shorex staff.

Having said that, the original shorex office space on those larger ships (the space behind and out of the view of its public counter) was a "roomy" affair for the shorex manager, his/her assistants, the MOM (manager onboard marketing) and the PPO (port paper officer) all using the space in there, and even the port shopping ambassador using the office closet and, at times, the desk space. Not sure how that's working out in the Crow's Nest, unless all those folks  besides shorex are still in that original space in addition to the future cruise consultant(s) having now moved there with only shorex having moved "upstairs" as EXC

Thanks, @Copper10-8. We had a tour in Grand Turk, scheduled with a private operator. I found out that he bumped us when I went to confirm last week. Probably because there are only 3 of us and he picked up a larger, more lucrative group. 

We're going to split up on Sunday when we board. DW is taking excursions and I am taking dining confirmation & reservations. She wanted to know where to go, and you answered the question. 

5 hours ago, POA1 said:

Just to confirm as to the Zuiderdam the info from Copper — iirc that’s your ship tomorrow  — the Shorex desk is up in the Crow’s Nest, on the starboard side.  

Have a a wonderful cruise!

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

Just to confirm as to the Zuiderdam the info from Copper — iirc that’s your ship tomorrow  — the Shorex desk is up in the Crow’s Nest, on the starboard side.  

Have a a wonderful cruise!

It is the Zuiderdam indeed. Thanks! 

20 hours ago, Himself said:

The Shore Excursions are up in the Crows nest Starboard side on tne Eurodam, Westerdam and Nieuw Amsterdam.  I say that from first hand knowledge. I have been on those three ships since last June.

... retirement does have its advantages, eh?  😎👍🚢