Prinsendam TA Pinnacle dinner

keikobad

First (and last) time on Prinsendam for us in March19. Usually we have dinner in the Pinnacle during our cruises but avoid the booking in advance option because of bothersome mariner discount problems. Never a problem to book on board on the first day. Will this be different on the Prinsendam due to the smaller ship and more mariners on board? Can anyone take a guess based on experience? 

4 hours ago, keikobad said:

First (and last) time on Prinsendam for us in March19. Usually we have dinner in the Pinnacle during our cruises but avoid the booking in advance option because of bothersome mariner discount problems. Never a problem to book on board on the first day. Will this be different on the Prinsendam due to the smaller ship and more mariners on board? Can anyone take a guess based on experience? 

You are on the Transatlantic going to LIsbon, correct?

I've sailed on the P'dam a few times and done several transatlantics on her.

Pinnacle Grill has been very popular as a dining option.  On our last Transatlantic (May this year) The PG was totally booked up by day 1 or 2 except for the abysmal 9 pm time.  On another TA it was completely booked up on day one.  

On my other  cruises (a couple were TA's) and cruise segments there were openings on day one and booking would not have been a problem.  Same thing on the more port intensive cruises.

It really depends on who is sailing with you and how many like to eat in the PG 😉 and how many have Explore4.

I always pre-book my PG and have never had a problem getting my loyalty discount on this ship.  It appears automatically on my statement by day 2.

The only issues I have encountered is the 5* benefit (which I did get) and the Sel de Mer discount (which has now been reported as fixed).

If there are certain dates or times that you want, I would be very tempted to book them on line.  

I book the Pinnacle in advance, and find the dining room at capacity when I arrive for dinner; I have never checked on the first couple of days to determine if there are openings.

I get the 4* Mariner discount automatically, with no trouble. The problem is I am 5*, so I should get three free dinners---not half off. That has usually taken a visit to the Front Desk to resolve, but one visit did it.

Do enjoy this lovely little ship, and her elegant Pinnacle Grill.

10 hours ago, keikobad said:

I would not wait to make Pinnacle Grill reservations you are onboard - FWIW we "pre-book" our dinning reservations on ALL our HAL cruises (including Prinsendam TAs) and have never had "mariner discount problems", "bothersome" or otherwise.  Book now and get the date(s) and time(s) you want.

Edited by avian777

Thanks to all of you for the profound input.  Very helpful. We made our pinnacle reservations for every second day and will give the main dining room a chance on this small ship. Looking forward to cruise with her.