Error Message on Price Guarantee Claim Form

Suzieqinga

I've just booked a carnival excursion online and found a better rate for the excursion here:  https://belizecruiseexcursions.com/excursion/lamanai-belize-excursion-mayan-ruins/

I'm attempting to submit a claim form for the difference in price of $39.99 per person, but this error message keeps popping up:  The Competitors Excursion Name field contains content that may present a security risk. Please enter appropriate information  

This is the same URL that others have apparently used successfully according to information I've seen posted.

Any helpful advice would be very much appreciated!

I know what excursion you are referring to, and I have received the OBC for the difference in price. I would give Carnival a call. Sounds like something their tech support is going to need to troubleshoot for you. Good luck!

ETA: actually, are you putting the website link in the wrong field? There is one field on the form where you are supposed to type in the excursion name. There’s one field for the competitor’s excursion name and one for the URL of that excursion. Sounds like you might be putting in the URL in the name field. 

Edited by bakersdozen12

Thank you for responding Bakers... and for the wish of good luck

I can see how it would be easy to enter the information in the wrong field, but I definitely entered the name of the excursion in the name field and the competitor's URL in the URL field.  

I called Carnival tech support and the rep ended up having to take all of the information over the phone because we could not get it to work on their website.  Hoping for a good result.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

I'm interested in how you were able to get Carnival tech support to take in your information over the phone. I was having trouble with the shore excursion guarantee form and not receiving a response. I contacted the general number, by facebook chat, called esolutions, emailed shoreexcursions@carnival.com multiple times and all anybody could tell me was that I needed to submit the form.

I submitted that form so many times, tried several different browsers, saved screenshots of the completed screen and they kept telling me it didn't go through and they had no records of my submitting it.  The last email I received from them, they wrote "If you are not able to complete this online please bring all the information with you on your cruise and visit the Carnival Adventures Team once you arrive so that they can assist at that time."  I’m pretty sure that’s not the way this works and I’d get outright rejected then. I pretty much gave up when my excursion disappeared from the list. They’re not selling it anymore, but still haven’t canceled it, so I'm still waiting to figure out what to do in Belize.

Lily, the online form is certainly frustrating!  I hope everything works out in your favor. 

To be honest, I'm not extremely confident that my information will get to where it needs to go.  I called the main customer service number, and the first rep tried for quite some time to help me but finally said it was beyond her area of expertise. She then transferred me to Online Support.  She also tried for a while to help, but she could not give me any information that would make the form work for me.  That's when she took my information.  I suppose I'll find out if it went anywhere in the next 48 hours. 

Just use www.belizecruiseexcursions.com as web address and it goes through.

Carnival just approved 21.99 per person for us. Compensation is lowered because that competitor website does not mention included entrance fee.

On 12/15/2018 at 12:18 PM, Suzieqinga said:

I've just booked a carnival excursion online and found a better rate for the excursion here: https://belizecruiseexcursions.com/excursion/lamanai-belize-excursion-mayan-ruins/

I'm attempting to submit a claim form for the difference in price of $39.99 per person, but this error message keeps popping up:  The Competitors Excursion Name field contains content that may present a security risk. Please enter appropriate information  

This is the same URL that others have apparently used successfully according to information I've seen posted.

Any helpful advice would be very much appreciated!

Take that last slash out of the address

7 minutes ago, Suzieqinga said:

I tried it in every variation...without the last slash, ending after the .com, with www. & without, with https:// and without. I copied & pasted the link from the website. None of it worked. 

Thank you all anyway.

Really? I had the same error and I thought it was the last slash that fixed it.

9 minutes ago, Suzieqinga said:

I tried it in every variation...without the last slash, ending after the .com, with www. & without, with https:// and without. I copied & pasted the link from the website. None of it worked. 

Thank you all anyway.

One more thing. Try taking out the s...in the https:...make it http:

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

I ran into this issue with the actual Carnival page that I was price matching. Had to go back just to the generic Carnival.com URL as any subpages don't work. Try the main URL below, like Jongunranta mentioned! Hope that works for you!

16 hours ago, Jongunranta said:

Did you try only www.belizecruiseexcursions.com ? That works for me.

• Like 1

UPDATE:

I have not received a response from Carnival, and it is well past the 48 hour reply timeline, so I tried the form again.  

This time I tried a different laptop and a different browser, and it went through with no problem.  

I appreciate all of your input, and I'll update you when/if I receive a reply.

• Like 1