Insurance policy date of birth wrong?

Peteed1985

I booked a cruise 10 months ago and flight centre sent me the insurance policy and we leave tomorrow on the cruise. I went to print a copy of the policy only to find out the date of birth of the other passenger is wrong.

Flight centre had the right birth date and so does the cruise line since she can use her date of birth to log in to cruise control. Sadly the insurance policy setup by flight centre instead of saying the 1st month says the the 11th month >_>

Kinda worried it's too late to fix? No idea how they screwed that up since they already had the correct info.

2 minutes ago, Peteed1985 said:

Even calling a mere 5 hours before boarding?

I don't even see how it would be a problem to have a wrong birthdate on a travel insurance policy but if you are worried that it might be an issue all you can do is try. The worst they can do is refuse to fix the error, but the policy should be in force (not an expert by any means though). 

3 hours ago, cb at sea said:

The wrong info on the insurance won't prohibit you from boarding....it has nothing to do with that at all.  i would call them, tell them the correct BD and go and have fun!

Totally irrelevant.  It has nothing to do with boarding or the cruise.  Those at check in won't know or care whether you have insurance.  But if you should have to file a claim, would they say the policy is invalid because the date was wrong?  EM

2 minutes ago, Peteed1985 said:

All sorted 🙂 rang up and changed it and now waiting to board ship 😛

If you did not get emailed confirmation, see if you can verify correct info online. If unable, send a simple email with a thank you just to cover yourself.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Peteed1985 said:

All sorted 🙂 rang up and changed it and now waiting to board ship 😛

Great.

Some of the advice above might have led you astray.

I'm mentioning this for others.

IF the birthdate is wrong, including by the month or even day/date, and the insured appears to be younger than they really are, that *could* invalidate the coverage IF the "one year older" would have required a higher insurance premium.  (The policies we get are based upon age at the last birthday DAY, not just month or year.)

Changing this by phone prior to departure might then allow the insurer to charge the extra amount, and then all is good.

Always better safe than sorry with insurance (or other contracts).

Even changing the planned departure date or planned return date could matter.

But it might cause a claim to be rejected because the "terms" of the policy were not met, meaning a different planned departure or return.  (I'm emphasizing "planned", b/c unplanned might involve a valid insurance claim, of course.)

Anyway, VERY glad you are all set.

Have a great time!

GC