Next big sale

esper10

1 hour ago, esper10 said:

Any one know when is Princess next big sale? And what is it going to be?

Your experienced 'in the know' Travel Agent' (TA) should be in the Princess 'loop' and have knowledge of the upcoming promotions and perks ...they can then book your preferred cabin on launch date , using one of your FCD's, then monitor the cruise continuously for additional promotions and perks up until sail date...and being able to refare your cruise while maintaining your preferred cabin ... and even notifying you immediately of any upgrades. upsells, or MOVE OVER OFFERS ... all this in addition to the 10-15% of your commissionable cruise fare back as OBC !!!

this would give you the maximum benefit knowing you got the absolute lowest price/max perks combo available for your cruise

39 minutes ago, paul929207 said:

For many "big" sales, Princess is just mixing up the parts. They give you a little more in perks, but raise the price. Or they take away some perks and lower the price.

Isn’t that the truth, Paul?

Though, we hit a low(ish) price and some great perks for our upcoming Antarctic cruise... Two days after we booked- price went up by $900 pp and one of the perks was removed. It is always nice to feel like you are getting a bit of deal when you are dropping the amount of small car.

Hope you and Jeannie are well and having the same beautiful weather we are up in CLT!

Also sales vary depending on what part of the world you live in. Princess just started it's Three for Free sale in Australia and I scored a nice price drop plus the Three for Free perks on a March 2020 14 night Fiji cruise that I'd booked a few months ago.

In the previous sale the price for that cruise actually increased.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

8 hours ago, voljeep said:

Your experienced 'in the know' Travel Agent' (TA) should be in the Princess 'loop' and have knowledge of the upcoming promotions and perks ...they can then book your preferred cabin on launch date , using one of your FCD's, then monitor the cruise continuously for additional promotions and perks up until sail date...and being able to refare your cruise while maintaining your preferred cabin ... and even notifying you immediately of any upgrades. upsells, or MOVE OVER OFFERS ... all this in addition to the 10-15% of your commissionable cruise fare back as OBC !!!

this would give you the maximum benefit knowing you got the absolute lowest price/max perks combo available for your cruise

GEE... where do I find those TAs that are willing to kick back 10% to 15% of your cruise fare??  

30 minutes ago, mikjr said:

GEE... where do I find those TAs that are willing to kick back 10% to 15% of your cruise fare??  

Yea, each time I talked to an agent I was told I have the best deal on my own. I do like some promo’s while not always it is worth it but pre paid tips and OBC is nice. 

7 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Also sales vary depending on what part of the world you live in. Princess just started it's Three for Free sale in Australia and I scored a nice price drop plus the Three for Free perks on a March 2020 14 night Fiji cruise that I'd booked a few months ago.

In the previous sale the price for that cruise actually increased.

In my opinion the Three for Free sale in Aust is a joke. You get OBC up to $300 (not bad) a meal in one of the speciality restaurants with a bottle of wine, and cabin upgrade at the same level. I always book an aft balcony and their idea of an upgrade would be to give me a balcony cabin mid ship which I don't want. Compared to the US sales, ours are pitiful. We NEVER get offered free gratuities and OBC of the level that I see quoted on here quite frequently by US citizens.

The price drop has nothing to do with the sale, as prices change all the time depending on how well the cruise is selling. I can only assume with your cruise it isn't selling as well. 

3 hours ago, mikjr said:

Ask this question on your next cruise at the M&G.

What is really rare is a TA who will monitor changing prices/perks and notify you when they change to your benefit.

11 hours ago, esper10 said:

Yea, each time I talked to an agent I was told I have the best deal on my own. I do like some promo’s while not always it is worth it but pre paid tips and OBC is nice. 

True for me as well.  I recently switched my TA booking back to Princess because my price direct was lower then the TA could/would give.  And before you tell me I should get a "better" TA, this is one who discounts that many CCers use and recommend.  Which isn't to say that she isn't a good TA, just that she wasn't any help to me price-wise.  She also never once notified me of any price drops, I always had to contact her.

9 hours ago, caribill said:

Ask this question on your next cruise at the M&G.

What is really rare is a TA who will monitor changing prices/perks and notify you when they change to your benefit.

When there is a price drop, is it possible that TAs refare and not tell the customer?

This way the price reduction becomes extra profit for the TA.

With today's technology, I find it hard to believe that TAs are not aware of price drops.

Cheers,

Zip

21 hours ago, voljeep said:

voljeep: we are seniors living on the gulf coast near Sarasota.  Would love to have a TA, like yours.  Ours only does what we ask after booking.  He does not follow sales, etc.  I don't think he is a big Princess fan.  But, we are huge fans of Princess and love cruising as our social security will allow.  Any info you can share will be greatly appreciated and we can be reached at jjn183 at yahoo dot com.  Sailing this Feb 10, 2019 and on the new Sky Princess January 11, 2020.  

11 hours ago, leck57 said:

In my opinion the Three for Free sale in Aust is a joke. You get OBC up to $300 (not bad) a meal in one of the speciality restaurants with a bottle of wine, and cabin upgrade at the same level. I always book an aft balcony and their idea of an upgrade would be to give me a balcony cabin mid ship which I don't want. Compared to the US sales, ours are pitiful. We NEVER get offered free gratuities and OBC of the level that I see quoted on here quite frequently by US citizens.

The price drop has nothing to do with the sale, as prices change all the time depending on how well the cruise is selling. I can only assume with your cruise it isn't selling as well. 

Yep here in UK we get pitiful offers, going direct or with travel agent, I suppose it's just the size of the market.

18 hours ago, leck57 said:

Not necessarily. I've had price drops linked with Three for Free promotions on other occasions as well, and I check the prices of cruises I have booked on a regular basis. But, yes, probably that cruise isn't one of the more popular ones as it's late in the season.

The next promo is coming January 2nd through Feb. 28th and is called "All Aboard".  The free gratuities are going away and will be replaced by the free specialty dinner (for up to 4 passengers per cabin).  The OBC is increasing in all categories (for the 1st and 2nd passenger per cabin) and will still be for up to 4 passengers in a cabin.  A good thing is that the deposit will be refundable (vs. the current Anniversary Sale with nonrefundable deposit).  This promo will cover Summer 2019 to Spring 2020 cruises.  It also has a limited time, select voyage only EZ Air credit.  

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 10:18 AM, rocklinmom said:

The next promo is coming January 2nd through Feb. 28th and is called "All Aboard".  The free gratuities are going away and will be replaced by the free specialty dinner (for up to 4 passengers per cabin).  The OBC is increasing in all categories (for the 1st and 2nd passenger per cabin) and will still be for up to 4 passengers in a cabin.  A good thing is that the deposit will be refundable (vs. the current Anniversary Sale with nonrefundable deposit).  This promo will cover Summer 2019 to Spring 2020 cruises.  It also has a limited time, select voyage only EZ Air credit.  

Any idea how much more OBC? I'm specifically looking at OV 10 day cruise which is currently $75/pp. Thanks!

43 minutes ago, cwalmonds said:

Any idea how much more OBC? I'm specifically looking at OV 10 day cruise which is currently $75/pp. Thanks!

All%20Aboard%20Sale%20Chart%201.JPG

OV 10 day is $150 for the first 2 passengers however no paid tips.

All Aboard! Sale has a refundable 10% deposit.

All Aboard! (01/02 – 02/28)

Get an up-close look at glaciers in Alaska. Get ready to go exploring in Europe. Get a group together for a cruise vacation sailing Summer 2019 - Spring 2020 and everyone will enjoy FREE specialty dining, plus up to $900 to spend on board and for a Limited time get up to $200 Princess EZ Air Credit

• free specialty dining‡
  • up to $900 per stateroom†† to spend on board

• and up to $200 off Princess EZair®‡‡ for select voyages – limited time only!
Edited by Astro Flyer