Commander's Palace or Antoine's for lunch (and 25 cent martinis)

mafig

Which do you like better?

We have a limited time in New Orleans, are staying at Harrah's, have seen the outside of CP, so we know it'll take a while to get there.

CP gets better reviews (by far).

However.....Antoine's will be closer, the lunch is more reasonably priced (for the specials) and the menu is more appealing.

However, I don't want to be disappointed.

Thoughts?

Why not save a few bucks and try Commander's Palace French Quarter restaurant, the SoBou.  Chef Juan Carlos creates multi choice 2 course lunches that are priced from $12 to $20.  They also feature the Commanders Palace 25 cent Martini specials for lunch (3 max) as well.  They are located on Chartres just off Bienville.

35 minutes ago, Visigoth said:

Why not save a few bucks and try Commander's Palace French Quarter restaurant, the SoBou.  Chef Juan Carlos creates multi choice 2 course lunches that are priced from $12 to $20.  They also feature the Commanders Palace 25 cent Martini specials for lunch (3 max) as well.  They are located on Chartres just off Bienville.

Oh my! Does SoBou offer the marvelous service we always received at Commander’s? 

It sounds like a dream come true for people visiting Nola without a car. 

Of the two, I prefer Commander's. Antione's is nice, but it just has the feel of a dinner restaurant to me. Commander's does a wonderful lunch and is well worth it (even without the $0.25 martinis).

You can't go by the menu on line for Commander's. The one online is a "sample" and I have never actually been to the restaurant when the menu online matched the one that was in the restaurant.

If you think the menu at Antoine's looks more appealing, then you should go with that. You have to decide which experience you want. And dining at Antoine's and Commander's Palace are completely different experiences. But you won't go wrong with either.