New Cunard Website

57eric

After logging into the new site, I clicked the link to My Cunard and the Manage Existing Bookings and thought great! I will be able to view all future booked cruises in the same place.

Sadly, took me to the regular log in your booking page where you have to enter the booking reference etc..

I do hope they are working on this as it will be an improvement to see the bookings all together.

We don't yet have a "Login" option on the home page of the new Cunard US site, nor are we prompted to "Please log in to your profile to see your tailored prices" after selecting a voyage as happens on the new UK site. And I don't see a step to enter our Cunard World Club numbers at the beginning of the booking process in the US like there used to be on the old site, in order to see past passenger discounts. There is a place to enter Cunard World Club numbers later during checkout, but by then we've already seen and selected the fare. So, I wonder how past passenger discounts are going to work in the future when they are offered in the US.

We also used to be able to enter promo codes early in the booking process in the US to invoke a specific promotion. I don't see that any more. But I am now seeing voyages listed in the US with the tag "Multiple offers available" where you can now select from those multiple offers. So, I suppose that's taking the place of entering promo codes.

I went through the booking process for the December 2019 Caribbean cruise just to see how it works. At the checkout step it asks me to "Log into my Cunard account" with my email and password (or I can check out as a guest). It also says my deposit is only $931 but the remainder of the cruise payment is due on January 15.

36 minutes ago, Underwatr said:

I went through the booking process for the December 2019 Caribbean cruise just to see how it works. At the checkout step it asks me to "Log into my Cunard account" with my email and password (or I can check out as a guest). It also says my deposit is only $931 but the remainder of the cruise payment is due on January 15.

Very interesting. I'm not sure what I am doing differently, but I'm on the new US site and I haven't managed to find the step where it asks me to "Log into my Cunard account" yet.

Here is what I am seeing at the top of the page on the last step just before checkout.

1868520380_CunardBooking1.thumb.jpg.478d50e01062ad7f6ab027aad4a15e76.jpg

Here is the top of the first page after I click "Checkout", where it is asking me to enter the guest information without first asking me to log in.

688950762_CunardBooking2.thumb.jpg.298f94a00fe08710f91b3e5a1c2c3ffb.jpg

Are you seeing the login request between these two pages or somewhere else?

I should have taken a screenshot. 🙂

Some of the times I tried I got the screen you're showing but initially I was also getting a screen to enter an email and password, with an option to check out as a guest (which sent me to your page).There was a suggestion I could complete some sort of registration and then use the email/password combination but no link to do so. Today I'm onmloy seeing the sequence as you're describing.

I no longer see the note that says final payment is due within a few days, either.

Maybe it's coming; we all recognize that more work is required before the new website is really ready for us (where have we heard that before? 😉 )

Occasionally I get to an error page (such as selecting a stateroom category where there isn't an available stateroom in that category) that is written in poor English and reads like a programmer's note (something like "When category is selected no room available" in its entirety).

Edited by Underwatr

Thanks, Underwatr.

I think you may indeed have managed to stumble upon a work in progress on the US site. I've found exactly what you are describing during the checkout process on the UK site. Here is the first page I see after clicking "Checkout" out there.

1034031444_CunardUKBookingLogin.thumb.jpg.ae5865ed711d1711e22c40f2c0d00f33.jpg

And here's the prompt to login that appears on the UK site at the start of the booking process there.

629995109_CunardUKPleaseLogin.thumb.jpg.9fde868a009117265b5b255c986d9869.jpg

And finally, here's the page where you can register on the UK site to create a login if you don't have one already. There is a link at the top of the UK home page for "Login/Register" which leads to this page. As I recall, this registration process was introduced in the UK last year to comply with GDPR regulations. It creates what they call a "My Account". This registration process doesn't apply to the US yet, but perhaps it's on its way since you managed to find parts of it on the new US site.

1246023366_CunardUKLoginRegister.thumb.jpg.7961871680d3ae84eabd6dfde26ae61e.jpg

That error message you got in programmer-speak sounds a lot like what I reported earlier when I try to request a specific cabin that is not available via "Search for a specific room by number" on the US site. The error I get in that case is "When user wants to hold a room which is already in hold." In the UK, that error message is the much better "This room is already on hold for another guest."

Edited by bluemarble

The plot thickens. The "Login/Register" page does exist on the new US website if you know the URL to get there. I just took the URL from the UK site and changed "en-gb" to "en-us".

image.thumb.png.bf72bcef4510dc8689b12d79e8d15135.png

But don't get excited yet. This clearly isn't ready for primetime yet. "Login" won't accept my existing email address/password. And "Register" produces this error.

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://aem-stage.hollandamerica.com/en_US/postbooking/registration.html" on this server.

Reference #18.26a42b17.1547395582.f8d5f53

Kind of interesting that the "Register" link goes to "hollandamerica.com". That's in line with gphb's earlier comment about the new site "Looks remarkably similar to the slightly older HAL website, especially the booking engine section."

Edited by bluemarble

I am now getting the new web site on my laptop.  A quick perusal shows some good and some bad.  The good is that you can see a list of available cabins and choose the one you want - the display is as per the deckplan - although on one cruise I looked at only a list of cabin numbers was shown with no deckplan image.  The bad so far is that at a glance you can't see pricing for all cabins in the selected category.  Overall a very poor effort by the web design team.

I logged into the 'new' website today. It is far from improved. Navigation is clunky and the cruise selector complicated. You  have to choose lots of option by going on to one option selecting it, backing out and going to the next. 

It does take you to the same old voyage personalizer which has some added features. 

It encourages you to log into your account, which I was finally able to do, I completed the personal information up to the World Club number which the site says in invalid. After screwing with this, I called Cunard. My WC number and tier is correct on their system and on the two detailed itineraries for my next two cruises. I just gave up.

There is so much white screen on this site that it is almost blinding. This looks like a beta version with lots of bugs. How does a company allow this to occur. The web site is a primary connection with new and existing customers. If I were to grade this I would give it a D+.

I did stumble into the account set up process-US. I registered but it would not recognize my WC number-which was correct.

on another note, has anyone located deck plans? I’m going to cruise critic - I rebooked one Cruise today (price drop) and have another one on 3-day hold. Maybe by my May cruise it will come together. I worked on projects like this and it can be a ‘rocky docking’ on initial intro but this seems particularly problematic.

Frances (morrfran)

47 minutes ago, morrfran said:

I did stumble into the account set up process-US. I registered but it would not recognize my WC number-which was correct.

on another note, has anyone located deck plans? I’m going to cruise critic - I rebooked one Cruise today (price drop) and have another one on 3-day hold. Maybe by my May cruise it will come together. I worked on projects like this and it can be a ‘rocky docking’ on initial intro but this seems particularly problematic.

Frances (morrfran)

Deck plans can be found on the new Cunard US website by following these steps from the home page.

1) Click "The Experience" and "Our Ships". That will take you to a page titled "The Cunard Fleet".

2) Click the name of the ship you want deck plans for ("Queen Mary 2 >", "Queen Victoria >", or "Queen Elizabeth >").

3) Near the bottom of the page for each ship is a section where you can view the deck plans for each individual deck via a "Select a deck:" drop down list. There's even a "Zoom in" function that allows you to get a closer look at a particular section ("Aft", "Mid-Aft", "Mid", "Mid-Forward", and "Forward").

For Queen Mary 2, there is also a link to download the "Queen Mary 2 deck plans 2019-2020" as a pdf document named "qm2-deck-plans.pdf". I'm not yet seeing links to download the deck plans for Queen Victoria or Queen Elizabeth.

Now I could use some help on how to stumble into the account setup process on the US website. You and Bigmike911 both mentioned you found that today. But I'm still looking. Not that it's all that important, and it sounds like it may not be fully functional on the US website anyway, but I'm curious.

Edited by bluemarble

I think there's a deck plan link on the page where you select a stateroom in the booking process (assuming you know to drill down to that step rather than letting the computer select a room by default). Not the best time to be looking for one.

Queen Victoria can be accessed (one deck at a time) here. Staterooms are color-coded by booking grade but there doesn't appear to be a key to the color coding.

Similar page for Queen Elizabeth here.

The trick seems to be locating 'the Cunard Members area' which is referred to in one of the before boarding faqs. I clicked on the link but no luck. I'm suspecting they've temporarily closed it as there seemed to be issues with it?

32 minutes ago, morrfran said:

The trick seems to be locating 'the Cunard Members area' which is referred to in one of the before boarding faqs. I clicked on the link but no luck. I'm suspecting they've temporarily closed it as there seemed to be issues with it?

Thanks for the hints. Yeah, the link to the 'Cunard members area' I'm seeing in the FAQ points to this URL on the old Cunard UK website.

https://www.cunard.co.uk/already-booked/cunard-world-club/

Even when I set up a VPN connection to the UK, that link doesn't work for me. It just redirects me to the home page of the new UK website. And in the US, it just redirects me to the home page of the new US website.

Is it possible you stumbled onto this "My Account" page?

https://mycunard.cunard.co.uk/myaccount/

That link works even in the US, but I think that page is not intended for US customers. Note the URL refers to "co.uk".

In my provision of feedback (UK) I have questioned whether or not anyone actually tested this website. Its not as if it 80% right with minor glitches. Not withstanding the awful design / user journey - so much of the old data appears not to be referred to in the FAQ and a lot that is referenced is simply not linked up.

Someone will not be getting their bonus....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toffeegirl68 said:

In my provision of feedback (UK) I have questioned whether or not anyone actually tested this website. Its not as if it 80% right with minor glitches. Not withstanding the awful design / user journey - so much of the old data appears not to be referred to in the FAQ and a lot that is referenced is simply not linked up.

Someone will not be getting their bonus....

I'm definitely with you about the FAQ. Those of us in the US now have a FAQ with a lot more content than before which is good, but those of you in the UK seem to have lost quite a bit of the old content. We seem to be sharing the same FAQ now on both the US and UK websites. There are quite a few broken links in the FAQ pointing to locations on the old websites.

And something as simple as links to the voyage personaliser in the FAQ are inconsistent. I found all these different "Voyage Personaliser" links in various places within the FAQ depending on which question you are looking at.

"https://vp.cunard.com/login"   (the US voyage personaliser)

"https://vp.cunard.co.uk/login/"   (the UK voyage personaliser)

"cunard.co.uk/voyagepersonaliser"   (a link to the UK voyage personaliser that may have worked in the past)

"www.cunard.co.uk/already-booked/voyage-personaliser/"   (another link to the UK voyage personaliser that may have worked in the past)

"www.pocruises.com/cruisepersonaliser"   (an alias the P&O cruise personaliser at https://cp.pocruises.com/login)

In some cases, a question even contains two different links to the voyage personaliser within its answer.  For example, see the question "What is a pre cruise mailing and when is it sent?".