Le Havre port stop

DanusLight

The ship I’ll be on is advertising 8a-8p in Le Harve. For the purpose of my excursion, I’m going with 9-5. I’ve read countless reviews and options of day trips to Paris and they’ve all referenced taking a bus. It appears trains leave Le Havre every hour for Paris. Who here has taken a train and done “Paris on your own”? The train appears to be approx 2hr 15 min. vs 3-3/4 - 4hrs. Please share your experiences! Thank You. 

Edited by DanusLight

OP: If you do a search in this forum, you will find comments by people who have done Paris on their own from Le Havre. 

(BTW, I don't know why you have changed the default font size, but the one you are using is quite small and not very reader-friendly.) 

Enjoy your cruise.

There are places to visit from Le Havre in addition to Paris.  Rouen (home of Joan d'Arc) is a lovely old city and about 20 miles to the east.  Claude Monet, one of the finest Impressionist painters, had a home at Giverny, which is about 20 miles SE of Rouen.  On our first time at Le Havre, the ship offered an excursion that went to both and included lunch at a delightful country restaurant.  Honfleur is just across the Seine from Le Havre.  We haven't been there, but hear it is a lovely, charming town.  We've also enjoyed walking around Le Havre itself.  It was nearly totally leveled during WW II, but a few buildings survived and we've visited both (there may be others):  Notre Dame Cathedral (it's stained glass windows have symbols of the sea in their designs) and the House of the Shipowner (Maison de l'Armateur) which dates to 1790 and has an exquisite interior.  Finally, the city has a fine Museum of Modern Art, which is located near where the Seine enters the ocean.  We find visiting these sites is a better use of our time than spending six hours on a bus for a few hours in Paris.

I agree with Hank - we too have used the train with zero problems. Paris is, IMHO, a destination city and we have enjoyed the city on multiple visits.  The only time we took the train from Le Havre to Paris was when we we disembarked in Le Havre (so that we could spend a week in Paris 😊).

We have also visited Honfleur and Rouen - both of which are, IMHO, a better use of time from Le Havre and each are well worth a visit.