no survey from Windstar after Star Pride cruise

susiesan

I just completed a one week cruise on Star Pride Dec.1-8. This is the first cruise I have ever been on that I was not asked to complete survey of my experience. They made a big deal onboard about being sure to fill out the survey that will be emailed to you but I never received it. I know they have my email because I am getting messages daily from them about booking another cruise. The cruise was great but I had a few minor comments and some suggestions to pass on. has anyone ever received this post cruise survey email?

It is now a full 2 weeks since disembarking and still no survey. Windstar must not really want to know what their guests think after all the hoopla about " being sure to complete the survey you will receive within 7 days of your cruise". The longer it goes the more memory fades.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:58 PM, minidonuts85 said:

Albiet not Windstar,  we just received an email today for a Celebrity cruise we disembarked on 12/7. I guess it depends on how busy they are but its taken two-weeks sometimes and then one day the next.

With Princess the survey is usually in your email as soon as you debark.

14 hours ago, susiesan said:

It is now a full 2 weeks since disembarking and still no survey. Windstar must not really want to know what their guests think after all the hoopla about " being sure to complete the survey you will receive within 7 days of your cruise". The longer it goes the more memory fades.

I meant to say that after emailing WS with various points and then filling in the survey several weeks ago I have received absolutely no answers to any of the questions or comments .

So what's the point of spending time filling in the survey anyway?

6 hours ago, Griller said:

I meant to say that after emailing WS with various points and then filling in the survey several weeks ago I have received absolutely no answers to any of the questions or comments .

So what's the point of spending time filling in the survey anyway?

Take this as lesson learned and don't fill out any more questionnaires.

On 12/22/2018 at 4:15 PM, susiesan said:

I know it is a long shot, but have you checked your spam folder in case your email program interpreted the mail from Windstar as spam?

If you feel you need to comment, write to Windstar or post a review on Cruisecritic.  I am not  sure that surveys matter.  I used to fill them out.  Now I don't do it.  I think it is just am exercise that guests like. Some cruise lines remove the surveys in a week after you disembark.   Often we travel after the cruise and the survey is gone when we get home.  When guests have problems, they should speak up.  Do not wait until after the cruise to complain.  If you have a problem, tell somebody on the ship.  Not everything is perfect.  Windstar is great at fixing problems.  Windstar is tops at listening and attending to matters.

Onboard we were told that there would be a drawing for a free cruise from the completed surveys as an encouragiment to fill it out. My guess is that was just a line, that no one has ever or will win a free cruise. There were no complaints on the cruise excep4t one, the missing cover over the back deck outside of the Veranda Cafe. There was nothing anyone on board could do about that except put up umbrellas over the tables while the ship was docked. No one must have ever thought of that as a temporary solution to provide shade for outside dining in the hot Caribbean.

Edited by susiesan

We were disappointed that the survey for Alaska didn't include any questions or ask for opinions on the 5 day land tour portion. It was the very first one so we thought they'd be particularly interested. The 3rd party that conducted the land tour also took all of our information and we were promised a survey but never received one. It's too bad because the 32 people on the tour had many comments that could go a long way to improve the experience for future travelers. 

As an aside, we *never* heard from Windstar after our first cruise last year. We didn't have any complaints or anything, but after a cruise with Princess we got ads, birthday greetings, etc. Nada from WS. So, can we just go to the Yacht Club event(s) on this second cruise, or do we have to be invited?

48 minutes ago, O2B@Cagain said:

As an aside, we *never* heard from Windstar after our first cruise last year. We didn't have any complaints or anything, but after a cruise with Princess we got ads, birthday greetings, etc. Nada from WS. So, can we just go to the Yacht Club event(s) on this second cruise, or do we have to be invited?

If you don't get an invite let them know at the registration desk and they'll give you one.