Anthem of the Seas Summer 2019 Shows ?

TTraub1250

We sail early June 2019 and still do not have the shows listed on our ship's website.  Does anyone who sails in April or May on Anthem, to Bermuda, have the shows listed ?  Would you do a screen print and publish them on CC?  Thank you ! 

24 minutes ago, neckhardt said:

Did anybody that saw “The Gift” understand what it was about?

In short, 'The Gift' is mystical musical journey to help a family overcome grief. The storyline is fully explained by the head ghost narrator within the first 5 minutes of the show. All one has to do is simply 'pay attention'..

✌️

2 hours ago, TTraub1250 said:

We sail early June 2019 and still do not have the shows listed on our ship's website.  Does anyone who sails in April or May on Anthem, to Bermuda, have the shows listed ?  Would you do a screen print and publish them on CC?  Thank you ! 

We're on Anthem in May and the 3 Production shows are not listed yet in our Cruise Planner. Give it some more time and just keep checking your Cruise Planner. If you already joined your Roll Call, usually someone will post when shows become available to book.  No reservations needed at all for the other Headline shows.

WWRY

The Gift

Spectra

Saw these shows on Anthem in Oct, when we did the 9 night cruise to NE & Canada. Was hoping they will change in 2019.  The shows were very well done, but not all to our taste.  Our RCL planner did make reservations for us, and two of the shows had no seats left,  and turning people away.  

2 minutes ago, TTraub1250 said:

Saw these shows on Anthem in Oct, when we did the 9 night cruise to NE & Canada. Was hoping they will change in 2019.  The shows were very well done, but not all to our taste.  Our RCL planner did make reservations for us, and two of the shows had no seats left,  and turning people away.  

They won't swap out the shows until a dry dock. They cost millions to install onto a ship. Also each cast that is onboard for a 6 to 9 month period has to rehearse on land for 6 weeks prior to boarding the ship. There is a lot of moving parts that go into these shows. 5 year minimum before they are changed. 

On our last sailing on the Anthem, the cruise director asked how many people saw “The Gift”. Many people raised their hands. She then asked how many people understood it, and almost nobody raised their hands. Saying it was all explained in the first 5 minutes may be true, but most of the people that saw it didn’t “get it”, and the CD highlighting that fact shows it’s not an isolated incident.

We are sailing on Anthem in April 2019 and the shows don't show up in my cruise planner either.

I was on Anthem 3 years ago and saw Spectra Cabaret and We Will Rock You back then, but I can't remember ever seeing The Gift even though I saw it advertised and all. It was a Holiday Cruise so may be it was just replaced with something else, can't remember really. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

We cruised Anthem back in August of 2017 and it seems the shows are the same, Spectra, The Gift and We Will Rock You. We are sailing the same itinerary as our last cruise.  Does anyone know if the show times change from year to year?  I'm trying to book dining reservations and I don't want to interfere with the show schedule.  

1 hour ago, fuzzyjenn said:

Hello,

We cruised Anthem back in August of 2017 and it seems the shows are the same, Spectra, The Gift and We Will Rock You. We are sailing the same itinerary as our last cruise.  Does anyone know if the show times change from year to year?  I'm trying to book dining reservations and I don't want to interfere with the show schedule.  

Show times can change based on things like new Cruise Director, new Activity Manager, etc.

I'm on the anthem in March and shows didn't appear until a few weeks ago. I've sailed her before, and admit I am in the minority, but I really enjoyed the Gift. It helped that I read about it before viewing, but I thought it was quite touching.

We enjoy Anthem and all she has to offer even though the shows aren't at all traditional. Spectra was another high-tech wonderful show, but it's probably not for everyone. For me, a big hit on the Anthem is the tribute band! If you hit a week with a great tribute band the entertainment can be considered exceptional IMO.